Crazy Shit....

The last time I went to a dentist the nice man hit a nerve where he had'nt sprayed with any novacaine. He also went to great length to tell me how he used to ply his trade in the Central African Republic which he said was the birthplace of aids and cases were starting to pop up at the time he was there and he was sharing this information with me at the same time he was giving me a root canal. Since then I haven't been real eager to go back to a dentist and besides they ain't cheap.

I've got great dentist horror stories to share.

My dentist hit my nerve once as well, and my mouth remained partially fuzzy for close to a month!

Another time, I was undergoing to crown procedure. They had filed my tooth down in order to prepare the base for the crown. They had to do a little more drilling when the electricity went out. :excited:

I didn't know what was going on as perhaps they may have a generator or something, but he said we will simply have to wait until it came back on. We waited and waited... finally he said that we would have to drive over to his other office which was 30+ minutes away. I was to follow his car.

We drove over to the other office and he had to shoot me up again with novocain in order to finish the job.

He finished the job and one side of my mouth hung down for seemingly forever. Too much novocain. A few days later, I received some tickets to a free dinner. Seems he could have given me a crown discount or something instead. My insurance only covered half the bill. And it was large! Don't know if I had to pay for all that novocain. Probably did.

I'm a loyal guy and I stick with this dentist. Since then he has purchased a generator.

I got a trumpet player buddy who used to be a screaming lead player. A trip to the dentist changed all that - the dentist hit a nerve that has left my buddy's upper lip numb ever since. Disaster for any brass player, especially a lead trumpet player. Now the guy does private teaching and and plays section parts. Sweetheart (or dummy...) that he is, he never sued.

OTOH, I've had the same dentist and physican for the last 12 years and things have been perfect. I fear the dentist and the doctor no more than I fear the TV set, and LESS than I fear what comes in my house over the TV set. ;)