Hawkins/Byas/Bags/Haig/ShellyManne- VICTOR78rpmBEBOP-SET

they do "allens alley", "52nd Street Theme" and all total i think six sides. the guy wanted like 4 bucks for it. it was pretty beat but they would of probably played "ok". has anyone heard this stuff. should i go back and get it next week. but instead i bought a '71 Life Mag. w/ cybill on the cover and another one w/ a giant flu bug on the cover, and then i found a third w/ catherine deneuve, so i had 2 get it. are bean and don byas mad at me. how do you guys rate this 78rpm set, or any re-issued version thereof...?

agrgrghghh the same thing just happened again. for 3 bucks i was gonna get george wallington qt feat. d.byrd and phil woods on OJC reissued lp but i didnt get it cause i think i hate phil woods. i just have this dibic about him i can explain it but i never want to listen to anything he is a part of. so instead i bought for 7.99 (on reissued ojc lp as well) DAVE BRUBECK OCTET- i have 2 cuts on a box set and 1 or 2 on a Fantasy 78 rpm disc but it is so nice and orchestrated i just had 2 get it. it is better than birth of the cool!

they do "allens alley", "52nd Street Theme" and all total i think six sides. the guy wanted like 4 bucks for it. it was pretty beat but they would of probably played "ok". has anyone heard this stuff. ...... are bean and don byas mad at me. how do you guys rate this 78rpm set, or any re-issued version thereof...?

I have the two tracks you listed on a RCA Bluebird CD "Esquire's All-American Hot Jazz Sessions". I like it - Swing to bop jam session, but worth the money, AFAIC. I'd like to have all that Victor stuff with Hawk all in one place, but I'm afraid all the reissues were incomplete in some way or other.

Edited by mikeweil