cybermusic sale

Stefan Wood

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chaney

I just filled my cart with $216.11 worth of music and, hoping (praying!) that high shipping charges might deter me from actually placing the order, found... Orders $50 and over receive FREE SHIPPING (in the U.S. only).

I can't tell you how broke I am right now. Feels good though. :wacko:

Thanks Stefan. I hope you didn't spend all of your 'chump change' as this chump might need a loan. :D

Do yourself a favor and order Klaus Suonsaari's "Inside Out" on Soul Note. Excellent CD... check the lineup:

Ray Drummond - Bass

Renee Rosnes - Piano

Steve Nelson - Vibraphone

Scott Robinson - Flute, Sax (Soprano), Sax (Tenor)

Klaus Suonsaari - Drums

Scott Wendholt - Trumpet, Flugelhorn

It has some of Renee Rosnes' best playing to my ears and one of the only places to hear reedman Scott Robinson is a small group setting. Well worth picking up if you don't have it.

And I can't believe they're selling Fathead Newman's "Mr Gentle Mr Cool" for that cheap! $1.40!! Why don't they just give it away?

Later,

Kevin

This sale sucks. There's a BUNCH of stuff in there that came out during a spell of my finances being limited for various reasons and that I only have on cassette dubs. Well-maintained dubs at that. The honor system dictates that I get "real" copies when the time is right, and this, apparently, is that time.

Orders $50 and over receive FREE SHIPPING???

Can I apply that over the next 4.25 quarters?

Which of the Marchel Ivery discs would be the one to pick up first?

Grab all 3 if you can. The label's out of business, and supplies won't last forever.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security - Lou Donaldson's late-60s Blue Note LPs used to be in cutout bins EVERYWHERE for years on end. Then one day they weren't. That's just one example. If I told you all the things that I passed over in cutout bins back in the day because I didn't realize that nothing lasts forever...

But if circumstances dictate prioritization, I'd go for MODE & 3 ASAP. If you can only get one, flip a coin. It's win/win.

Guest Chaney

Who else is on the Carrol title?

PLAYERS

Shelley Carrol (tenor sax); Barrie Lee Hall, Jr. (trumpet); Tommy James (piano); Hassan Abdul Ashak-Kar (bass); Sebastian Whittaker (drums)

Thanks Jim and Tony. I'm not the biggest fan of Defrancesco so I think I'll go for Mode first.

Coincidentally, I was just listening to the Don Wilkerson version of "Scrappy" today!

Edit: Actually, I just realized that THREE of those tunes are on the Wilkerson BN set.

Edited by Big Wheel

Guest Chaney

My order is on the way but the following items are marked "DELETED - DO NOT REORDER":

Anthony Braxton: "Eugene (1989)"

Air: "Air Mail"

and BOTH ( :angry: ) Sam Rivers / Dave Holland duet albums.

My order is on the way but the following items are marked "DELETED - DO NOT REORDER":

Anthony Braxton:  "Eugene (1989)"

Air:  "Air Mail"

and BOTH ( :angry: ) Sam Rivers / Dave Holland duet albums.

TheMusicResource: Anthony Braxton - Eugene (1989)

Air Mail is also listed on their site.

Amazon UK: Anthony Braxton - Eugene (1989)

Edited by J.A.W.

Guest Chaney

Thanks for the links Hans. I was hoping to get these titles at the nice Cybermusic price but I guess that's not to be.

As far as the Rivers / Holland albums, these two seem to be getting very difficult to find - at least at a somewhat reasonable price. I managed to spot one of the two at Half.com but amazingly, someone snagged that copy just before me! (Or the seller had an out of date listing and wouldn't admit it.)

The Andrew Hills are also listed as not available.  This is the fourth time this has happened.  I don't know why they bother to list them in the sale.

Don't know which Hills you're looking for, but Italian internet store ControTempo might be able to supply them. You can order in English :), just click on the title etc. The page can take a while to load.

Edited by J.A.W.