what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stone-oaked-ab-4pack.jpg

I'm a big fan of Arrogant Bastard. (You are what you drink, I guess). Is the oaked version very different? Do you like it better?

this is one of the very few extreme brews that are wonderfully drinkable. the soft oak aging battles it out with the bitter hops. i immediately asked for another on tap, this is irresistable

stone-oaked-ab-4pack.jpg

I'm a big fan of Arrogant Bastard. (You are what you drink, I guess). Is the oaked version very different? Do you like it better?

this is one of the very few extreme brews that are wonderfully drinkable. the soft oak aging battles it out with the bitter hops. i immediately asked for another on tap, this is irresistable

I have yet to try Arrogant Bastard, Oaked or un-Oaked, but I will seek it out based on your recommendation!

Right now, I am in my office, so I am drinking filtered H-2-0 with frozen chunks of H-2-0.

Edited by Jerry_L

I was able to procure a 4-pack of the Oaked Bastard!

However, since it's still at room temp, I am enjoying a Saranac Black Bear Bock from the Winter Sampler pack a friend gifted me with. It is pretty good. Malty, not hoppy, which is my general preference.

Saranac+Black+Bear+Bock.JPG

Edited by Jerry_L

I tried Stone's Oaked Arrogant Bastard last night. It is undoubtedly a premier example of it's style, American Strong Ale. The BA Bros gave it a top rating of 100, World Class. It's arrogance is evident in the aggressive hop profile that refuses to yield to the dark roasted malt.

That said, it is not my favorite style. I'm sure it's better on tap, too. And there are few to none widely distributed American Strong Ales in direct competition with it.

The only ones I know of are Mendocino's Eye of the Hawk and Buffalo Bill's Tasmanian Devil, both of which are pretty good, and better bang for the buck, though only recently available in my area. I paid $10.49 for a 4-pack of O.A.B., about $2.63 per 12 oz bottle. The Taz is $11 a 6-pk, or $1.83 per bottle. At $8 a 6-pk and 8% ABV versus the Oaked Bastard's 7.2 %, Mendocino's Eye of the Hawk is the real bargain if American Strong Ale is your desired flavor.

But get the Stone's if budget is not a concern and you want the best in it's class.

Edited by Jerry_L

1_114959750_3.jpg

El Padrino de me tierra Anejo

Intense, Caramel, Oak, Lengthy

Mexico- Only 100% Blue Agave is used in this anejo tequila. Brick ovens roast the agave for 36-54 hours allowing the tequila to retain the sweet natural mellow flavor. Slow fermented 48-60 hours and then distilled in copper pot stills for a rich taste with notes of caramel and oak.

Finished the bottle last night, will have to get another!

Edited by Jerry_L

74-kericho-gold-tea-one-mydeals.jpg

Kericho Gold is a blend of carefully selected teas from the lush Tea Gardens of the Kenyan Highlands with a pesticide free cultivation.
Plucking of the leaves is by hand to ensure that only the tender and succulent Tea Leaves are plucked.
The rich volcanic red soils of the Kenyan Highlands give the Kericho Gold it?s rich flavour and bright golden liquor.Kenya Teas are famed for their high catechin levels, the powerful antioxidants known to protect the body from harmful effects of free radicals.

All this goodness is hygienically packed in Kenya by an ISO and BRC certified factory. Taste the difference.

Edited by Jerry_L

442224.jpg

Ugandan African Moon
A bold and spirited coffee from the fertile slopes of Uganda, African Moon is a dark roast that is complemented by a mild acidity. Rich and full of flavor, this coffee is only available in limited quantities, but it's a wonderful everyday brew.