Sonny Stitt's BeBop sessions on Prestige

Bluerein

Hello all,

did anyone pick this new 3 CD set up already? I'm interested in the sound on this one (new remasterings in 24 bit I guess). Also I can't find 2 tracks which should have been on there: When I dream of you and A Lover is Blue (both on the Ammons 78's era cd and the Ammons all star Sessions with Stitt cd).

Thanks for the update but what about these 2 Tracks I've mentioned?

According to my old Prestige disco Stitt didn't play on them and they were released under Ammons' name.

I have the LP version of the Ammons 78 era and the credits there confirm this.

Interesting, as the credits on the All-Star Sessions CD name Stitt as the tenor.

Stitt played tenor with the same rhythm section on the two-part "Stringin' the Jug", recorded at the same session, but they never were released in one package.

Ammons and Stitt had a band together at the time and often recorded tracks for release under either name at the same session. Sometimes one of them played baritone in the section behind the other.

Hi folks,

I received my copy last month. A really great work especially for the January 26, 1950 session with Bud Powell which is at last complete for the very first time. Both takes of Strike up the band are present.

When I dream of you and A Lover is Blue are not included in the box set because Sonny Stitt is not present.

• 1 month later...