NFL chat thread

Great game between the Saints and Niners. If SF didn't have all those turnovers in the red zone it likely would have been a different outcome. Alex Smith looked great on SF's drive to tie the score. And Brees' subsequent drive was equally impressive.

That was about the ugliest field goal I've ever seen. But- yeah Saints! Two and eaux!

Edited by Free For All

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Boys are a collection of overpaid star power with no focus.

This is the first year I've paid attention to football since the Falcon's trip to the Superbowl (now officially "way back when"), so unless they're old, I don't know who's a star and who isn't. he Cowboys look to me like one of those plodding 7-9 teams that just don't have it.

Whoops....now Philly.com has Vick as starter....great :tdown:tdown ....I don't like him...Ron Mexico is trouble and something's going to happen with him. Been trouble since his Hokies days.

I think Andy Reid needs to go.

Ron Mexico LOL!!

Totally agree that Reid needs to go. I've been wishing for that for a few years now. I think they should have kept McNabb and fired Reid.

This whole McNabb/Kolb/Vick saga is so f'd up and it's all Reid's doing. I wish the Eagles would just own up to the McNabb trade mistake. I mean they trade away McNabb because they thought he was done and that Kolb was going to be the man. In fact they thought so little of DMac's ability that they traded him to a division rival. WTF??? So basically that's like saying,"We think Kolb is better or, will be better in the near future, than McNabb". Which clearly isn't the case or Kolb would be starting. And now they bench him after not even 2 quarters as a starter. Again - WTF??? I never thought Kolb was the answer but this was supposed to be the season when we would finally find out. Doesn't seem like he got a fair chance. And naming Vick as the starter after one game against the Lions D ???

IMO- I believe someone higher than Reid made this decision- Jeff Lurie?? He was (and is) so enamoured with Vick when the Eagles signed him. I agree that you should put your best players on the field- maybe Reid saw how bad the O-line was and figured Kolb will get killed the way they blocked. He should request a trade.

So with Vick at QB- will Kolb line up at WR in the Wildcat formation?

On the other hand- do I care?? No.....(and I'm an Eagles fan....not so much this year).

There is one possible positive to Vick starting, the other players seem to want him there. I watched that Eagles game when Kolb was injured. They were lethargic, listless...but once Vick got under center EVERYONE started playing better, that tells me the other players feel more inspired when Vick is on the field.

That's a good 50% of what the QB needs to do, inspire.

There is one possible positive to Vick starting, the other players seem to want him there. I watched that Eagles game when Kolb was injured. They were lethargic, listless...but once Vick got under center EVERYONE started playing better, that tells me the other players feel more inspired when Vick is on the field.

That's a good 50% of what the QB needs to do, inspire.

I agree.....I don't like Vick but he's going to be exciting to watch. Shades of Randall Cunningham.

Vick, yes. Dynamic player. Outside the lines, another story.

Really liked Falcons QB Matt Ryan against the Saints. His numbers were just OK, but he made some great throws and just had a calmness about him. ... at New Orleans, and beat the champs, to get division win! Falcons have potential, especially in that division where it's just them and the Saints.

Can't get too excited about the Jets yet. Miami hasn't done much (wins over Bills, Vikes), so scratching out a win against the Dolphins might not be all that big a deal. (I know. Division rivals. Still.)

Steelers! How good will they be when Roethlisberger gets back?

49ers .... :blink:

Rams .... :excited:

Edited by papsrus

The Browns will be lucky to win 3 games year

We stink

Nah...Mangini's good at motivating teams late in the season (esp. garbage time when the club's already been eliminated). For instance, they were 1-11 last year, but won the last 4 games (!) to finish at 5-11. A classic "Mangenius" finish (I harken back to his Jet days).

I figure the Browns are a lock to win at least four games this year.

I agree. Being in the 51-60 does not make him a slouch. You have to be great to be even considered at all for the top 100. That may seem like a lot of guys, but there were thousands who played the game. Earl has been recognized respectfully.

Best "Uh...nevermind" story of the week:

Falcons LB Robert James Returns from 4 Game Suspensiion!

Story includes the usual "glad to be back, just wannna help the team" gibberish.

Late update: James waived by Falcons

...this explains the lack of "we're glad to have him back" quotes in the original story. :g

I'm saying it now that the Patriots will be a better offense without Randy Moss. He's a great player, but his appetite for the long ball, and penchant for taking plays off when he is not the target is hurting the team. Randy's style is to go deep, relax when not targetted, then expect another deep pass on the next series. He's a cookie monster who always has to be fed. The team was looking for a way to get Julian Edelman back onto the field, and now Brandon Tate will replace Moss. Edelman can be bumped to third receiver, and those two rookie tight ends can continue their outstanding play.

Was hoping for something higher than a third rounder though. Vikes just traded a third rounder for a rented player. Randy is moving on for some big $ next season.

I'm saying it now that the Patriots will be a better offense without Randy Moss. He's a great player, but his appetite for the long ball, and penchant for taking plays off when he is not the target is hurting the team. Randy's style is to go deep, relax when not targetted, then expect another deep pass on the next series. He's a cookie monster who always has to be fed. The team was looking for a way to get Julian Edelman back onto the field, and now Brandon Tate will replace Moss. Edelman can be bumped to third receiver, and those two rookie tight ends can continue their outstanding play.

Was hoping for something higher than a third rounder though. Vikes just traded a third rounder for a rented player. Randy is moving on for some big $ next season.

i disagree,i think brady will miss moss, sure he's even already trying to bring back Deion Branch