NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A dome in Minnesota is a crime against nature; nature was just getting it's revenge. Can you imagine Fran Tarkenton or the Purple People Eaters playing in a frigging dome?

I remember those days and those guys would be turning over in their graves. Those were some really tough guys.

A dome in Minnesota is a crime against nature; nature was just getting it's revenge. Can you imagine Fran Tarkenton or the Purple People Eaters playing in a frigging dome?

I don't think the fact it was a dome was the crime. It's that it was an INFLATABLE dome. What the heck? In a seriously snowy part of the country?? Who was the bright guy who came up with that design?

Anyone see the Jets assistant trip the Miami player? That wasn't very nice.

Haven't seen anything like that since the 1954 Cotton Bowl, when Tommy Lewis, who was on the Alabama bench, tackled SMU's Dickie Moegle as he was racing for a touchdown. (I actually only saw a video of that one, years after it happened.) Alosi should be fined and suspended, if not fired. Looks like this kind of thing is what happens when the Rex Ryan mentality takes over a team.

Edited by paul secor

Anyone see the Jets assistant trip the Miami player? That wasn't very nice.

Haven't seen anything like that since the 1954 Cotton Bowl, when Tommy Lewis, who was on the Alabama bench, tackled SMU's Dickie Moegle as he was racing for a touchdown. (I actually only saw a video of that one, years after it happened.) Alosi should be fined and suspended, if not fired. Looks like this kind of thing is what happens when the Rex Ryan mentality takes over a team.

It made me think of Woody Hayes slugging that Clemson player. A sad end to an otherwise great career.

San Diego beat Kansas City 31-0 today.

I didn't know that San Diego had it in them this year to score 31 points, and I thought that KC was supposed to be good.

Well, KC's starting QB was out, but to get blanked by the Chargers doesn't bode well for them.

The Chiefs had 67 yards of total offense. I can hit my gap wedge further than that.

Haven't seen anything like that since the 1954 Cotton Bowl, when Tommy Lewis, who was on the Alabama bench, tackled SMU's Dickie Moegle as he was racing for a touchdown. (

My dad was at that game. He'd talk about it anytime you asked him!

Dicky Maegle's (at some point he changed his name from Moegle) reaction to Sunday's incident in today's NY Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/14/sports/football/14jets.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=dicky%20moegle&st=cse

My Oakland Raiders are so vastly improved from what I've gotten used to, even the blown lead to Jacksonville doesn't sting all that bad. Plus I'm a big fan of former UCLA Bruin Maurice Jones-Drew, so I'm happy to see him playing so well for the Jags.

If one of the NFC West teams ends up winning the division, with a losing record...I think they should be disqualified and the team with the next best record in the NFC gets their slot. A team with a losing record hosting a playoff game should not happen.

On the surface, I agree with you 100 percent, but when the playoff rules were made in their current status, there were no baaaad divisions. There was not a problem. Then they added Wild Cards and still no real problems except when all the Wild Cards came from the same division. Then the rules stated no Wild Card could play a Division Champ in the same Division in the same round. Now we have this.

One suggestion might be made to have that low record Division Champion NOT host the game or any game. The Wild card with the obvious much better record should host the game. It is very very dangerous to have a Division Champ (no matter how bad the division) not get in the playoffs. Why, because then you may get a whole division just tanking games at the end of the season.

Edited by BruceW

My Oakland Raiders are so vastly improved from what I've gotten used to, even the blown lead to Jacksonville doesn't sting all that bad.

If only they could just play in their own division!

If one of the NFC West teams ends up winning the division, with a losing record...I think they should be disqualified and the team with the next best record in the NFC gets their slot. A team with a losing record hosting a playoff game should not happen.

Welcome to the evils of expansion, and the greed that eventually turns all pro sports leagues into a joke.