NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just feel badly for Romo, who spent over half the season showing that he can play in this league and then dropped the snap on the FG.

By losing 5 of his last 6 games? Sorry, if you had said Damon Huard, then maybe............

I'm not sold on Romo in the slightest.

It's painfully clear the Chiefs had no business even being in the playoffs. The Colts D wasn't really that impressive yesterday. When you play eight men in the box, chance are pretty good you'll stop the running game. And you have to admit it's not to hard to do when you're facing those awesome receiving threats of Eddie Kennison and Dante Hall. Neither of them would start anywhere else in the league and wouldn't even make the third slot on a majority of teams. The only real threat is Gonzalez, and Indy stacking eight up front kept him on the line for the majority of the game.

They should have used more spread formations, and Huard should have been in at QB. Herm Edwards is a horrendous head coach, what little talent exists on this team is aging and on it's way out, and somebody seems to have beat the shit out of Peterson with a stupid stick when it comes to free agency during the off season.

This team is in huge trouble. And I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

The difference in the two games yesterday highlighted the quality disparity between the AFC and the NFC. Anyone watching NFC games throughout the season witnessed a lot of bumbling, stumbling and fumbling! I knew the Colts defence could get it together for a playoff game or two.

For the most part I agree with this...except for how HORRIBLY the Chiefs played yesterday. They looked like a team that should NEVER have had the opportunity to play a playoff game.

I just feel badly for Romo, who spent over half the season showing that he can play in this league and then dropped the snap on the FG.

By losing 5 of his last 6 games? Sorry, if you had said Damon Huard, then maybe............

I'm not sold on Romo in the slightest.

Romo had a LOT of help losing those five games; he's not the only culprit. How about Butterfingers Owens? How about that overrated defense? How about an offensive line with more holes than swiss cheese?

I'm sold on Romo. Get him a REAL offensive line and watch him flourish. (As for the fumbles, yeah, he definitely needs to cut that out.)

Al, I'm not saying he doesn't have potential. But I'm not ready to call him the next best thing just yet.

And that's not what I said he was. I only said he can play in this league. :rolleyes:

Are we all agreed that this weekend's results all went according to expectation? All the home teams won. At least the Giants didn't embarass themselves this time, but its still a pathetic collapse from a 6-2 start.

I'm really glad the Giants lost...they deserved to lose. They have been an embarrassment to the sport for most of the season. They are much better at running their mouths than playing the game. (We don't do that...we're men!) Eli is a joke, Coughlin is out of step with his entire team, Tiki's mind is on his television future....etc.

Pats played a great game today. Brady was masterful as usual. Jets know us very well, so we had to plan well for the game and execute.

Now it's on to San Diego to play against all those NFL stars. Pats have always excelled as a team. We've got good players too, but individuals are underemphasized. Lawrence Maroney would be a big name on another team, but on our team, he plays second fiddle to Corey Dillon. We've got a bunch of no-namers at wideout, but so does San Diego.

I see us coming out and dominating early. We'll get a pile of points, but SD has shown their capacity to come back no matter how far down they may be. I'm just hoping that we can catch them a bit stale. We have to pile on the points early to force Rivers to throw and keep LT's touches down. They're a scary team for sure.

We have to find a way to win.

I'm really glad the Giants lost...they deserved to lose. They have been an embarrassment to the sport for most of the season. They are much better at running their mouths than playing the game. (We don't do that...we're men!) Eli is a joke, Coughlin is out of step with his entire team, Tiki's mind is on his television future....etc.

Jeremy Shockey's still a dummy...

I hope the Eagles go all the way, and I never ever thought I would say that. Win the Super Bowl as a big FU to T.O.!!!