NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas' D is 12th rated against the pass (giving up 198 yds/gm), and 4th against the run (giving up 92 yds/gm).

I think it's going to be a good game as well. If they happen to win this one (toughest left on their schedule - Atlanta, Philly and Detroit are still left to play), it's possible they could go 12-4. That would be pretty impressive after starting out a mediocre 3-3.

Thanks Aggie. Reggie Bush is impressive, but I'm not convinced that the Saints' offensive line can do the job against a team that's good against the run. But since the Cowboys' pass defense is only adequate, Brees may try to shoot the lights out. Should be a great game if the Saints' defense can do its part.

I'm not a football fan, though I appriciate it though a friend who is an intense fan. I wanted to pass that I met someone who's mother married Jack Larson of the Chicago Bears, after he finished playing, and was "brought up" by him. That's in quotes because this guy hated Jack Larson. Said he was a drunk. A doctor told him if he didn't stop drinking that he'd be dead in 90 days, to which Larson responded, "What's life without booze & broads." The day after a drunken Thanksgiving he died at the breakfast table. His mom died a year to the day later.

Cowboys look terrible tonight. Outplayed and outcoached, for sure.

Saints going for an on-side kick when they're up 3 tds is kinda rubbing it in, though...

It's gonna be interesting to hear folks opinions of Romo now that he's finally had a lousy game.

If they don't drop Owens now after tonight's pitiful performance, I guess they never will. Too bad. He seems to be the only thing standing between the Boys and a genuine run for the Super Bowl.

If they don't drop Owens now after tonight's pitiful performance, I guess they never will. Too bad. He seems to be the only thing standing between the Boys and a genuine run for the Super Bowl.

Some interesting words in Peter King's column this morning:

"I'm looking at the drops I had. It's really not normal ... On the field sometimes, I'm not really into it. It's almost like I'm kind of faking it. I'm not happy, and it really was affecting my game.''

-- Terrell Owens, to Michael Irvin on ESPN.

If there's anyone left on Planet Earth who supported Terrell Owens and rooted for him, I submit to you there is now officially no reason to do either for the rest of your life.

Terrell Owens got a $5 million bonus this year, and makes a salary of $5 million. He had a workout bonus of $1.1 million, which I doubt he qualified for because he had better things to do this offseason than, God forbid, actually work out regularly with his team to get ready for the season. So let's forego the workout bonus and just deal with the $10 million. If you divide $10 million by 17 (the number of weeks in the regular season that players get paid for), it comes out to $588,235.29 a week.

This is what he's saying to Jerry Jones: I am on the field for about 60 plays per week, and you pay me $588,235.29 for those 60 plays. On some of those plays, I'm not going to try very hard, because I'm just not into it.

The other sad part of this note is that Irvin, who busted his rear end every time he took the field, sat across from Owens during this interview and didn't say: "Dude, what is your problem? The time has come for you to stop acting 13. You're a man. Play like one.'' Instead, Irvin said after the piece aired, "He's having a great year.'' To which Tom Jackson replied: "Do you think he's having a great year? Do you? Do you? ... I played pro football. I was unhappy a lot of time off the field ... Just play football and be a professional.''

Owens also said last week he didn't pay attention to coach Bill Parcells' speech on Monday when the coach laid out what the team had to do to win a championship this year. "Terrell Owens is making an attempt to embarrass one of the best coaches of all time,'' Jackson said. And Ron Jaworski added: "The way T.O. reacted to that meeting was disgusting.''

If I were Parcells, I'd be thinking of saying to Owens before each game: "Raise your hand on the plays you know you won't be trying on, and we'll either throw it to someone else or put in Patrick Crayton. We'll get a nice little feather pillow on the sideline, and you can come over and get a nice rest in. Then you let us know when you're ready to go back in.''

When the Cowboys finally tire of the NFL's 2006 leader in dropped passes and release him, here's hoping that none of the other 31 owners in the league pick him up. Then he'd have time to plan a really big birthday party for himself.

The Raiders will likely be one game worse than my 3-13 prediction. Nowhere to go but up, hopefully. Then again, next year they might only win one game, or none at all.

The Raiders have scored 6 touchdowns since week 8. LaDainian Tomlinson by himself has 14 more than that during the same span. Ouch.