NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a crazy end to the Cowboys/Redskins game. It seems there is never a dull moment when those two teams play.

5 or 10 years ago I would have had my day ruined by a loss like this one, but I just don't invest so much emotionally in sports as I used to. They always seem to let me down!

As far as the unsportsmanlike contact flag on TO for his naptime pose after his TD, I think it was bogus. He didn't taunt anyone, nor did he get in anyone's face. All he was doing was mocking his own self.

And then the Redskin spikes the ball after his TD, and no flag? Am I missing something?

I think there is a clear anti-TO thing going on.

I laughed my ass off when he laid down on the ground and used the ball as his pillow. :D

What a crazy end to the Cowboys/Redskins game. It seems there is never a dull moment when those two teams play.

5 or 10 years ago I would have had my day ruined by a loss like this one, but I just don't invest so much emotionally in sports as I used to. They always seem to let me down!

As far as the unsportsmanlike contact flag on TO for his naptime pose after his TD, I think it was bogus. He didn't taunt anyone, nor did he get in anyone's face. All he was doing was mocking his own self.

And then the Redskin spikes the ball after his TD, and no flag? Am I missing something?

I think there is a clear anti-TO thing going on.

I laughed my ass off when he laid down on the ground and used the ball as his pillow. :D

The Cows got rooked in so many ways by the refs today. However, they also didn't take advantage of all the golden oppotunties handed then today, either.

And then, of course, there's the dropped TD pass by the $10-million golden boy. The Cows deserved to lose today. Sports-talk shows are gonna be fuuuuuuuuuun tomorrow! ;)

Thanks for the fun read, Noj.

I don't dislike the Dolts as much as Simmons does; in fact, I hold mixed feelings. I dislike Polian and Manning is the all-goody wonder boy. But I do like the fact that they've developed a successful NFL franchise in a small town. You have to support teams like that.

Conn's Sunday prediction: win for Pats.

....well, I hope the Colts win but I don't make predictions as they are silly and meaningless!!!.....those who execute will win.

m~

....might be easier with a little run defense!

...still no run defense but good win anyway! :party:

m~

The Bears run defense has not been the same since they lost Mike Brown. I expect Rex Grossman the "blow up" 4 or 5 times this year.

He's essentially a rookie with a gunsliger attitude, shit will happen. But they have given up way too many rushing yards the last few games. That's what really worries me.

BROWNS PICK

BROWNS + 9 VS ATL WON

BROWNS GOTTA KEEP IT CLOSE

LOCK OF THE DAY

BALT -7 VS TENN LOST

MCNAIR BIG GAME

UPSET OF THE DAY

NO +2.5 VS PITTS LOST

WE MIGHT GET A WIN OVER THE STEELERS THIS SEASON

OTHERS

MIAMI -1 VS KC WON

SD - 1 VS CINN (IT'S DO OR DIE FOR THE BENGALS TODAY) WON

PHIL -7 VS WASH WON

AZ + 6.5 VS DALLAS (LEINART IS BETTER THAN ROMO) LOST

GB + 5 VS MINN (IT'S A FLIP OF A COIN ON THIS ONE) WON

CHI + 1 VS NY GIANTS wON

Edited by Soulstation1

Conn can't show his face after the pats loss to the jets.....

:P

Jets came off a bye week and were fully prepared. Right now, we are a good team but we are not a great team like Indy or Chicago or Denver are. More time left in the season for Brady to get in sync with his receivers.