NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacman Jones was fully reinstated by the NFL today. Hopefully he can make it rain on the field now (and nowhere else!!).

Cowboys could have the makings of a VERY good defense, if they mesh this year.

Their base 3-4:

DE Chris Canty

NT Tank Johnson/Jay Ratliff

DE Marcus Spears

OLB Demarcus Ware

ILB Bradie James

ILB Zach Thomas

OLB Greg Ellis

CB Terence Newman

SS Roy Williams

FS Ken Hamlin

CB Anthony Henry

Along with Pacman, Michael Jenkins, Kevin Burnett, and Anthony Spencer coming off the bench as backups or nickel types.

Not bad at all!

edit - Apparently Pacman was at a Hooter's when he was notified that he'd been reinstated....LOL.

Edited by Aggie87

As a Giants fan, I'm devastated by the loss of Umenyiora for the season. This defense is the most exciting thing to happen to me as a fan since the '91 Super Bowl, and the key was that DE tandem (I still have every expectation Justin Tuck will fill Michael Strahan's shoes brilliantly).

As a Giants fan, I'm devastated by the loss of Umenyiora for the season. This defense is the most exciting thing to happen to me as a fan since the '91 Super Bowl, and the key was that DE tandem (I still have every expectation Justin Tuck will fill Michael Strahan's shoes brilliantly).

Losing Umenyiora is a huge blow for the Giants! I read they've moving Kiwanuka back to the D line though, so that should help. But at the expense of the linebacking.

The Skins defense held the Giants scoreless in the 2nd half, for whatever that's worth. I think their offense is in alot more trouble than their defense, in general.

I'll grant them that, but the problem is their offense isn't capable of handling a 17 point deficit right out of the gate. Their only hope to win games until the offense gets fixed is to smother the opposing teams with defense and keep games very close. That's a tall order and puts all the weight on the defense.

I felt sorry for Zorn, he was one of my childhood heroes.

Back By Popular Demand

Week # 01

Browns Pick

Browns + 5.5 pts vs Dall-ass

We are getting in that cowboy booty TODAY!!!!!

Lock Of The Week

Philly - 7.5 pts vs St Louis

Upset

Houston + 6.5 pts vs Steelers

Others

Indy - 9.5 pts vs Chicago

San Diego - 9 pts vs Carolina

Jax - 3 pts vs Tenn

Eliminator

Det Wins Today

Edited by Soulstation1

This Jet fan is of course happy that Favre had a successful debut as the NYJ QB. But props to ex-NYJ QB Pennington who put quite a scare into Jet fans with two fabulous end game drives, one resulting in a TD, the other resulting in a game saving interception in the end zone with five seconds to go.