Sonny Rollins

Durium

SONNY ROLLINS - THE BRIDGE

96d5d266.jpg

This LP was released after Rollins come back in the early 1960s.

I love the track God Bless The Child. I found this tune played by the quartet in a MyTube clip from the Gleason Jazz Casuals show. A great fragment.

Keep swinging

Durium

I'm gonna have to pick this one up.

g

"sigh"

just when I said to myself, don't start any more trouble on that board or Alfredson's gonna kick you off...

but...

I've always thougght The Bridge was one of Sonny's weakest albums. He sounds constrticted, never seems to get going. I much prefer the Jazz Standards recording from this period -

this is not a flame -

"sigh"

just when I said to myself, don't start any more trouble on that board or Alfredson's gonna kick you off...

but...

I've always thougght The Bridge was one of Sonny's weakest albums. He sounds constrticted, never seems to get going. I much prefer the Jazz Standards recording from this period -

this is not a flame -

I appreciate the input, and know it comes well informed. I am in the process of building my catalog. And also in the process of learning some cooler ways to solo over God Bless The Child e.g.. I almost always listen to the audio samples on line (if I can find them) before I purchase. But, again, I always am curious to hear what the very well informed music intelligentsia have to say (mean it as a compliment, this time ;) )

Allen, which Sonny Rollins' would you recommend?

I loved this album when I first bought it. Now everytime I revist it, it's just ok. Sonny has some wonderful playing on it. It's Jim Hall that seems to be uncomfortable through most of the session.

Jazz Kat,

which Sonny is your favorite?

You appear to be very thoughtful about these things, and I am very curious.

g

I loved this album when I first bought it. Now everytime I revist it, it's just ok. Sonny has some wonderful playing on it. It's Jim Hall that seems to be uncomfortable through most of the session.

Jazz Kat,

g

I agree that my first impression of the CD was less then I expected. I think it has been overrated in some cases. I liked the Ralph Gleason fragment in the blog, although the film seems very corny and dated. There are more tracks of the Jazz Casuals film available.

Keep swinging

Durium

Jazz Kat,

g

I'd have to say its a toss up between,

Saxophone Colossus

Way Out West &

Easy Living.

Three very different albums in some respects.

Jazz Kat,

g

I'd have to say its a toss up between,

Saxophone Colossus

Way Out West &

Easy Living.

Three very different albums in some respects.

Along with The Bridge, I'll have to scope these out. Thanks!

g

96d5d266.jpg

I love the track God Bless The Child. I found this tune played by the quartet in a MyTube clip from the Gleason Jazz Casuals show. A great fragment.

Keep swinging

Durium

g

Speaking from a guitaristic point of view; your going wish you had picked this one up sooner! Jim Hall is stellar. :tup

96d5d266.jpg

Keep swinging

Durium

g

Speaking from a guitaristic point of view; your going wish you had picked this one up sooner! Jim Hall is stellar. :tup

cool!

:)