Why are there so many eBay sellers in Italy selling original pressings

Dmitry

I don't watch the Jazz vinyl for sale on eBay as closely anymore as I used to but some of them must have been around for quite a while. I bought from two Italian sellers (who also had nice originals but beyond my price range) in 2000 or 2001, and at least one of them is one of those whom I noticed in recent months. So the trend isn't totally new.

Perhaps the Man send the word out to his dealers.........'liquidate'?

660232.jpg

The main reason is that most of great jazz collectors died, and their sons are much more interested in money then in vinyl. I personally know a guy whose father was one of the main italian jazz critics, his collection was around 15,000 original pressings. The only problem for me is that the son is a good and talented jazz pianist so, no way to put my hand on the collection. Maybe I gonna make him an offert he can't refuse. As soon I'll find a horse's head. :crazy:

660232.jpg

The main reason is that most of great jazz collectors died, and their sons are much more interested in money then in vinyl.

And what about the wives ?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZado1357QQhtZ-1

When the Grim Reaper knocks at your door, look at your wife and blame the salmon's mousse, take a last look at your Lexington BN" and RIP.

One little suggestion: never, I say never, let your wife and sons understand the value of that stupid round piece plastic called TRUE BLUE, and avoid salmon's mousse.

When the Grim Reaper knocks at your door, look at your wife and blame the salmon's mousse, take a last look at your Lexington BN" and RIP.

One little suggestion: never, I say never, let your wife and sons understand the value of that stupid round piece plastic called TRUE BLUE, and avoid salmon's mousse.

At one time not that long ago I had FOUR copies of TRUE BLUE in various states of condition. I eventually took the best jacket and the best hunk o plastic and put them together and sold the rest--too early as usual, but now I have one VG+ jacket and one NM hunk o TRUE BLUE plastic. But it actually hurt a bit when I mailed them out to Japan, Hong Kong and Germany . . .

At one time not that long ago I had FOUR copies of TRUE BLUE in various states of condition. I eventually took the best jacket and the best hunk o plastic and put them together and sold the rest--too early as usual, but now I have one VG+ jacket and one NM hunk o TRUE BLUE plastic. But it actually hurt a bit when I mailed them out to Japan, Hong Kong and Germany . . .

I think you're not married with a greedy wife and didn't grown up greedy sons...otherwise you should have already taste the Salmon's Mousse. ;)

660232.jpg

The main reason is that most of great jazz collectors died, and their sons are much more interested in money then in vinyl. I personally know a guy whose father was one of the main italian jazz critics, his collection was around 15,000 original pressings. The only problem for me is that the son is a good and talented jazz pianist so, no way to put my hand on the collection. Maybe I gonna make him an offert he can't refuse. As soon I'll find a horse's head. :crazy:

Hey Porcy - welcome back ! :tup

[

I think you're not married with a greedy wife and didn't grown up greedy sons...otherwise you should have already taste the Salmon's Mousse. ;)

My wife did mention salmon's mousse when she talked about Christmas dinner the other day :bad:

Welcome back, Porcy62!

Thanks!

In order to prevent any risks, you should donate your collection to someone before Christmas :w

Edited by porcy62