The Porcupine Tree Corner

Uncle Skid

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that Opeth DVD set is amazing. The first disc is the entire Blackwater Park album (which they've done quite a bit of alteration to over the years), the second disc is another almost 2 hour set featuring 1 song from each of their albums in chronological order. As Jazzbo said, the audio & video quality is excellent (same engineer that worked on Watershed).

Nice shots!

Almost 30 years to the day when the Grateful Dead did acoustical sets there. :) To further go off on a tangent but bringing it back to Steve Wilson, Burning Shed just posted the latest King Crimson anniversary releases (Steve's been co-producing, remixing etc. the remasters.)

• 2 weeks later...

PT played the Royal Albert Hall last night, and it appears to have been the same setlist as Radio City Music Hall, with the exception that they played "Trains" after "Arriving Somewhere" at the end of the show.

I'm hopeful of a live CD recording of one/both of these shows at some point. The shows weren't recorded for DVD.

just enjoyed Voyage 34 - the complete trip

and quite a trip it was!

:cool:

anyone else share my enthusiasm?

:mellow:

I must say. . . my least favorite "type" of Porcupine Tree. I prefer them post-Signify, they really "click" for me in the harder, more concise settings.

Edited by jazzbo

• 2 weeks later...

Some more stuff on Soundcloud - this time it's the 5 tracks that were on the deluxe Insurgentes bonus cd! Port Rubicon, Puncture Wound, Collecting Space, Insurgentes (Mexico version), The 78.

Plus a 1997 demo version of "London" that was previously available on the old PT.com, when they used to put up occasional exclusive tracks there.

Cool stuff - the Insurgentes tracks are every bit as good as what's on the album itself.

Here

• 3 months later...

Heads up for anyone interested -

Blackfield will be doing some dates in Canada/U.S./Mexico in a couple of months, following their April tour of the UK/Europe. This is in conjunction with the March release of their third album, "Welcome to my DNA".

Tour Dates:

18th May Washington, DC, 9:30 Club, USA

19th May Philadelphia, PA, Theater of the Living Arts, USA

20th May New York, NY, Irving Plaza, USA

21st May Boston, MA, Royale Boston, USA

23rd May Montreal, QC, Le National, CANADA

25th May Cleveland, OH, House of Blues, USA

26th May Detroit, MA, St Andrew's Hall, USA

27th May Chicago, IL, Park West, USA

31st May Seattle, WA, Studio Seven, USA

1st June Portland, OR, Aladdin Theater, USA

3rd June San Francisco, CA, Slim's, USA

4th June Los Angeles, CA, El Rey Theatre, USA

6th June Mexico City, MEX, Metropolitan Theater, MEXICO

Also, Steven Wilson has his next solo album due out later this year, a 2 disc set as of now. Looking forward to both releases!

SW Update from Facebook:

"My second solo album is nearing completion. It will be in the form of 2 separate 40 minute albums released in the same 2 CD set, and will also come as a blu-ray with surround mix, high definition stereo and a lot of visual material (Lasse is already working hard on films for many of the songs, attached is a still from one of these we shot a couple of weeks ago to a song called "Index"). We're also planning a special Insurgentes style hard back book edition with a full length bonus CD of additional material. A year in the making, this is without doubt my biggest project to date, perhaps my most ambitious and personal music, and with some phenomenal musicians and performances on it (drummer Nic France in particular is going to blow a lot of people away). We hope a website will launch around April/May to start previewing material, with the album scheduled for September. More soon...."

I'm excited! 3 cds of new SW! :tup

Edited by Aggie87

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

update from Facebook....new solo album is a double CD and he's going to tour behind it!

I'm very happy to announce that following the release of my new solo album "Grace For Drowning" in September, I will be undertaking my first ever solo tour of Europe and North America. For this tour I am very fortunate to have the talents of an extraordinary line up of musicians to perform the music - Marco Minnemann on drums, Nick Beggs on bass, Aziz Ibrahim on guitar, Gary Husband on keyboards, and Theo Travis on flute / sax. And myself (not extraordinary) on vocals, guitars and keyboards. The shows will also include a lot of multimedia and films, material that is being especially prepared by Lasse Hoile as we speak. The music will be drawn from both my solo albums (the newest of which is a double CD, so there is plenty of material to choose from), but please do not come along and shout out for PT songs! The dates will be announced in the next 24 hours or so at www.gracefordrowning.com, but run approximately from mid October to mid November. Please come along if you can, I think these shows are going to be quite an adventure.

I don't know about anyone else, but getting a new Steven Wilson solo album and the new Wilson-mixed Opeth album both in September has me thrilled! It's going to be a kick ass month for modern prog rock.

And I think a couple of the Wilson remixed/remastered 40th Anniversary King Crimson discs are coming out around this time too, as far as not-quite-as-modern. I'm onboard for all of it! :)