I've Never Won Anything

kulu se mama

Way to go! Quite the package of goodies. Kind of nice that they throw in the stamps & shirt to go with the fine CD sets.

When I was about 10 years old I won a Kodak Instamatic camera at a store drawing. A year later I won a Kodak Pocket Instamatic.

insamtic20.jpg

It's been all downhill since then.

Hey, I won also. Seriously. I had forgotten I entered, but I got the e-mail today. I haven't won anything in years. I already have the big Coltrane Prestige box set, but this will be nice to have.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You are the one of our lucky winners in the

CONCORD COOL COLTRANE SWEEPSTAKES!

As one of our winners, you will be receiving the following prizes;

A copy of the 6-C D boxed set of “Fearless Leader” by John Coltrane

A 2-C D collection of “The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings” by Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane

A limited edition T-shirt and

A limited edition collection of commemorative stamps

I won as well!! I'd already forgotten about it or thought it was already over. Pretty cool!

As cool as it is, I'll probably end up selling it. Since entering the contest, I picked up Coltrane's complete Prestige recordings so I have everything on the Fearless Leader box. It's a pretty nice package though!

Way to go! Quite the package of goodies. Kind of nice that they throw in the stamps & shirt to go with the fine CD sets.

When I was about 10 years old I won a Kodak Instamatic camera at a store drawing. A year later I won a Kodak Pocket Instamatic.

insamtic20.jpg

It's been all downhill since then.

Cool! I won that exact same camera (pictured) in my pre-teens as well. After a while, it got harder and harder to find that 110 film.

Edited by mikelz777

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! :o:o:party:

I won too!!!! This way too weird :ph34r::ph34r:

A copy of the 6-C D boxed set of “Fearless Leader” by John Coltrane

A 2-C D collection of “The Complete 1957 Riverside Recordings” by Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane

A limited edition T-shirt and

A limited edition collection of commemorative stamps

Congrats everyone! I didn't win. . . yet. . . ! Now if Big Al wins I'm going to be pissed! :)

I did win one thing though, years ago (20!) from a vitamin company: a trip to Hawaii for two for a week, airfare covered from the West Coast, and accomodations covered. I investigated it, it wasn't a scam, the only stipulation was a two hour meeting about a timeshare must be attended, and I gave the trip to my parents for Christmas that year. They were already planning to visit my uncle in Pasadena, so they weren't even out airfare they would have not spent money on already. They had a blast. I was the golden child for a while!

Edited by jazzbo

I was on a streak for a while winning a number of things:

$2500 from a contest thru a music marketing company open to similar colleagues where you had to guess the chart rankings each week, which also included new releases. This was around Summer '97 or '98.

Won an all-expense paid trip to Salt Lake City thru artistdirect.com and SNOCORE (travelling festival of punk/hardcore bands, extreme winter sports stars, etc). Trip was great and included 2 day lift ticket, boot and snowboard rental, etc. Saw System of a Down, Incubus, and Puya but missed Mr Bungle (with Mike Patton ex-Faith No More). All in all a great win!

Won a Numark DJ system and 2 tickets to Area One (Moby's travelling festival that only lasted 2-3 years). I had a great time in the DJ tents listening to some good techno/trance and saw Moby, OutKast, David Bowie (can't remember if he was on year 1 or 2) and some other good bands.

Unfortunately, I don't think I've won anything Jazz related, except eBay auctions for LPs, CDs, etc...

:P

Congrats everyone! I didn't win. . . yet. . . ! Now if Big Al wins I'm going to be pissed! :)

I did win one thing though, years ago (20!) from a vitamin company: a trip to Hawaii for two for a week, airfare covered from the West Coast, and accomodations covered. I investigated it, it wasn't a scam, the only stipulation was a two hour meeting about a timeshare must be attended, and I gave the trip to my parents for Christmas that year. They were already planning to visit my uncle in Pasadena, so they weren't even out airfare they would have not spent money on already. They had a blast. I was the golden child for a while!

Did you make your parents attend the timeshare thingy? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I could almost swear what I received were return sets. On the Monk/Coltrane, someone took a magic-marker over the bar code, and Fearless Leader seemed like it's been handled a lot -- plus neither were sealed. Those things just made me wonder a bit -- I'm probably just paranoid. :crazy:

Edited by Matthew

i have not received my prizes yet, but i emailed concord a few days ago, and they said there were 80 winners and they were in the process of shipping it all out.

i should have mine early this week.

a black line through the barcode typically indicates a promo - not for sale copy.

Phew! 80 winners = 80 spare promos?

MG