Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to watch it. LeBron is coming into his own. His team has no business winning games like this against the Pistons. :tup

Talk about single handedly beating the Pistons - he scored 29 of the last 30 Cav points. That's unbelievable!

edit - will be interesting to see what he's got left in the tank for Game 6.

Edited by Aggie87

Re: Last Night's Game

pistons NEVER really brought the double/triple team

LBJ was takin' guys to flight school

i think NOW the cavs have the pistons full freakin' attention

the diceman will miss the next game, he hit carlito in the head

sheed acts a fool at the end of the game

:w

Can I finally get some respect on calling the Cavs game # 5 win??

Did any of you guys record last nights cavs-pistons game?

I didn't.

Assuming that you want to watch it, have you tried looking on any of the torrent sites?

I just googled "torrent" and "Cavaliers" and got a bunch of hits. Looks like you will need 1.3G of memory.

Guy

Edited by Guy

Wow. We [...at least those of us willing and able to watch the Eastern Conference] are witnesses! :) What an amazing game. Several times (as ss1 gametime posts above suggest) it looked like the Cavs made a fatal mistake, but each time they recovered. Webber's three point play that fouled out Ilgauskus and generated a 3 point lead (huge in this series) with about 1:10 left--I thought that was the end. But LeBron goes to the other end and hits a three with two guys in his face. The LeBron airball and timout bungle... Sheesh. At one point LeBron bricks 3 free throws in a row and I thought that was how the game would end--LeBron and the other brickmasons building a summer home in Detroit--but he returned to hitting them.

Amazing!

The flagrant 2 on McDyess may have been a bit harsh. Definitely a flagrant follow going at Varajao's neck and putting him on his back as a result, but maybe not a 2. Fortunately, his punishment is only time served (i.e. essentially all of game 5). Not sure that LeBron deserved a T for going over to defend his teammate lying on his back, but that's less of a quibble than McDyess. Webber and Maxiell had to play more. C-Web was solid, Maxiell less so. Was he trying to foul LeBron late in the game, but was too slow? Why was Prince taking cover during the LeBron poster dunks?

Cavs will definitely have their hands full on Saturday night. Sheed appears very pissed which may be bad for the opposition (...unless self-destruction ensues). Gooden, Gibson, Pavlovic etc. are going to have to contribute more at home if the Cavs are to close the deal. Would not be surprised to see some hard fouls on LeBron, or a trickier defensive scheme (Saunders is no defensive genius, but then Coach Brown is no offensive genius).

Quite amused by all the talking heads explaining how LeBron would much rather pass than go to the rim. Where are these geniuses (eg Wilbon) now? :)

LeBron is such an incredibly unique talent, and it was so obvious the moment his high school clips began playing on Sportscenter. It's amazing how nature tends to put all of her eggs in one basket, just like with Jordan. LeBron has the most freakish leaping ability combined with physicial strength and natural basketball ability, equal if not exceeding any which has ever been seen. He's like Dominique Wilkins with Iverson skills. When he does pass the ball, he does so with a court vision normally reserved for those who make passing their passion, like Kidd or Nash. Now, he's starting to show a killer instinct wherein he believes he can score regardless of the defense being thrown at him. The guy is just plain frightening. More power to him, he's fun to watch.

WOW! I never would have thought y'all would be in the Finals so soon in The King's reign. Congrats Cavs fans, man it must be absolutely crazy there!

Don't know what the record is for worst shooting percentage is for a playoff series, but Tayshaun shot 16 for 66 (24%) for the series. Ouch!