Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bulls will be a lot more competitive next game. But damn, they got whipped today.

Unless TMac pulls a few rabbits out of his hat soon, he's going down in another 7 game 1st round series. (I assume he holds the record?)

Guy

Edited by Guy

Just got done watching the Pistons game (had to tape it 'cos I had a date with my wife). Chicago got their butts handed to them. If the Pistons keep up this intensity level throughout the series, it's done.

Just saw the replay of the final seconds of the Rockets / Jazz series. What the heck was that!?!

suns better not lose any home games vs spurs

with the mavs out, the suns have home court for the rest of the post season

Phoenix will lose at least one of the first two games to San Antonio. (I hope I'm wrong.)

Carlos Boozer will average 35 ppg and 15 apg against the Warriors.

I don't get it; THREE of ESPN.COM's experts picked the Warriors to beat the Jazz, and Tradesports has the Jazz as only a 55% favorite. How come everyone is more optimistic than me???

Guy

Edited by Guy

15 assists a game from Boozer would be amazing.

I feel bad for Tmac, he played his heart out and has really turned into a GREAT team player. They are still only one low post banger away from a title. Youd think a 7'6'' Yao could fill that role, but he gets abused down low.

An even remotely good point guard would go a LONG way too.

15 assists a game from Boozer would be amazing.

I'm an idiot. I meant rebounds. :)

Agreed. 15 assists a game would be amazing.

FWIW, Boozer's numbers in 4 games against GS this season:

17 pts/14 reb (blowout Warriors loss in Utah)

4 pts/10 reb (near-blowout Warriors win in Oakland, without Baron Davis)

25 pts/21 reb (Warriors blow 4th quarter lead in Utah)

17 pts/11 reb (blowout Warriors win in Oakland)

Guy

Edited by Guy

Picking the "Allen Iverson Chucker of the Game" award is going to be tough when there are so many good contenders:

Vince Carter 7-23

Jason Kidd 2-11 (AWFUL, but excused because he had the restraint to only take 11 shots)

Lebron James 8-21

Larry Hughes 7-20

I think I am going to pick VC. :bad:

I didn't watch this game, thank god.

Guy

Edited by Guy

Keep on not watching that boring series in the East. :)

Tough playoff game with tough defense, and poor outside shooting both ways. Cavs had trouble getting into the paint, but held a large rebounding edge (51 to 37). LeBron under the weather but still had 11 rebounds and 7 assists, and did not parade to the line. Similar stat sheet filling by Kidd (10/9) and Carter (13/6). Little unfair to call it the A.I. Chucking award (as much as I like to associate chucking with AI). ...At the very least you should add Tracy and Dirk to that label—two "MVP" guys that besides all of their chucking, did less to help their teams win than James, Kidd, Carter did in Game 1.

Now back to the main event. Is Nash going to get to 10 assists in Game 1?

Nash's nose won't stop bleeding. Youch.

Man, that was hard to watch. I'm no doc, but I kept wondering why they didn't seem to be applying (serious) pressure on the cut during those initial timeouts, instead of playing around with the band-aids. It obviously wasn't working. I guess the cut was too much up at eye level for some kind of wrap-around behind his head to keep pressure on it.

I was also surprised that the refs let him stay on the floor as long as they did, with that thing dripping like crazy. Shouldn't the rules be the rules, whether or not it's an MVP-caliber player bleeding with less than 2 minutes left in a hugely important playoff game?

Too bad about Nash, but Stoudamire missed too many shots in the paint in the last few minutes.

It might have been a more exciting finish had Nash been able to be on the floor. Amare might not have been taking contested shots with Nash setting the offense.

No doubt. I just couldn't believe how many three-footers he was missing, especially that last one where he split Duncan and Parker, didn't get hit, and blew it.

I don't like to see a game decided when the best player on the Suns is on the sideline. At least it was a "hustle" collision, and not anyone getting intentially hurt. I was worried initially that Parker wasn't going to return, maybe having suffered a concussion or something.

Hopefully Nash will be fine for Game 2.

That was a very good game (though I only really started paying attention in the 4th quarter). I'm not a huge fan of the Spurs' style of play, but Phoenix brings out the best in them. A classic PG duel between Nash and Parker. It's hard to beat the Spurs when Duncan, Finley and Parker combine for 82 pts on 32-57 shooting.

Parker had a fantastic game, but his two best plays were giving Nash that nose job and the flop when Barbaro was chasing him near the end (which gave the Spurs 2 FT and the ball).

Did Nash break his nose?

btw, today's box score is somewhat similar to game 1 of the 2005 conference finals. Hopefully Phoenix will manage to win more than one game this time around.

Guy

It might have been a more exciting finish had Nash been able to be on the floor. Amare might not have been taking contested shots with Nash setting the offense.

No doubt. I just couldn't believe how many three-footers he was missing, especially that last one where he split Duncan and Parker, didn't get hit, and blew it.

I wonder if pre-surgery Amare would have been able to put those in. What if...

Guy

ps Warriors trivia: The Warriors' three highest-paid players are Baron Davis, Jason Richardson, and Adonal Foyle.

pps The Knicks' highest-paid players (in descending order) are Allan Houston, Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis and Jalen Rose.

Edited by Guy