Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

Big Al... come down from the ledge. It's only basketball! :D

I'm better now. I've slept. These west coast games are killers! :g

Jim R, the only way I'm going to be able to watch game 5 without going completely apeshit is if I turn down the TV volume and listen to TERRA BRASILIS. ;)

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mavs are soft.

Big Al... come down from the ledge. It's only basketball! :D

People thought I was off the hook after the finals last year when I went on and on (and on) about the fundamentally flawed character of this team. "Oh, it was their first time, they'll learn from it and come back stronger" "Oh, Miami was a better team than you give them credit for" "Oh, nobody could stop D-Wade the way he was playing" "Oh, it's a young team with a brilliant future"

Oh, my ass. This bunch is a hot-house orchid. The meltdown in last year's final was anything but a fluke.

Oh, my ass. This bunch is a hot-house orchid. The meltdown in last year's final was anything but a fluke.

I'm not a big roundball fan, but have to recall the '94-95 Rockets. That was a very mentally tough team. En route to their (second consecutive) title, the Rockets overcame a 3-1 deficit to Phoenix, without enjoying home court advantage. During the comeback, Rockets players were quoted to the effect that "a series doesn't start until one team faces elimination."

I can't help thinking that the current Maverick club is light-years removed from that kind of toughness.

Seems like the Mavs can't win the close games. Last year in the finals, the HEAT won the all the close games. The Mavs had plenty of chances to win.

I assume the MVP voting has already happened.... what if Dirk gets it?

Hopefully, the voters are desperately trying to recall their ballots.

Anybody know where I can get a nice fresh heaping bowl of crow to eat? I understand Sangrey, in addition to being a monster tenor player, could whip up a mean batch if I asked him nicely! :cool:

Edited by Big Al

Posted by me a few weeks ago:

I'm not predicting that the Warriors will advance, but I'm not exactly afraid of the Mavs either (and I really don't think Nellie is). If the Warriors can stay as hot as they've been over the last couple of weeks, it should be a great series.

I, for one, am predicting an upset. And I'm a Mavs fan.

FWIW, I've been sayin' all along this was the year for Steve Nash & the Suns. I just had no idea the Mavs exit would be this swift and this disgusting.

I assume the MVP voting has already happened.... what if Dirk gets it?

That, my friend, would be delightful!

We in the DFW area have been subjected to a freakin' barrage of Dirk Is God propaganda at every turn, including some quarters who sould definitely have known better (One "reputable" radio host said that if he had to choose between Dirk & Larry Bird w/the season on the line that he'd go with Dirk, no question about it). A few of us who still retained our sanity and sense of basketball perspective have been saying BULLSHIT to that from the git-go, but it's been a risky proposition.

So hell yeah, let The Big German win that MVP and let the squirming begin!

Anybody know where I can get a nice fresh heaping bowl of crow to eat? I understand Sangrey, in addition to being a monster tenor player, could whip up a mean batch if I asked him nicely! :cool:

No need for crow. Just begin to realize that optimism needs to be rooted in reality in order for it to be a productive life force. :g:g:g

Well, I hope Stephen Jackson doesn't come to regret this, but:

From the Dallas Morning News blog

TNT big mouth Charles Barkley has been killing the Warriors and Bay Area during the playoffs.

Stephen Jackson fired a shot back at the Round Mound of Profound after today's shootaround. He said he'd finally figured out, after watching those T-Mobile commercials way too many times, why D-Wade couldn't get in the Chuckwagon's Fave 5.

Here it is:

1. McDonald's

2. Domino's

3. Burger King

4. Cinnabon (recently replaced Subway, which was too healthy for Barkley's tastes)

5. Krispy Kreme

"D-Wade," Jackson said as he stared into TNT's camera, "if you open up a restaurant, maybe you can get in Chuck's 5."