Sport: 2007 NBA Play-Offs Pool

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he's always been a bull in a china shop in that regard, to me.

But way back when (talking Orlando and earlier part of his Laker days), it seemed like he used to get the ball on every offensive possession. Nowadays, it seems like he's there for offensive rebounds and cheap put-backs.

vintage Phoenix Suns:

Marion had 22 pts and 11 reb

Amare had 27 pts and 21 reb

Nash had 17 pts and 23 assists

They didn't even need a strong performance from Barbaro.

Kobe and Nash were talking some trash near the end of the game.

Given that Pat Riley mortgaged the team's future in order to win a championship, Miami fans could be in for a lot of losing over the next few years.

Guy

Edited by Guy

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!

Did anyone just see that half-court buzzer-beater by Baron Davis to tie the score at the half??????

So much for the Mavs dominating first quarter. They got owned the second quarter.

Yeesh, I can't take much more of this panic-button playing by the Mavs. The only thing worse are these stupid-ass Sonic commercials. How have these POS commercials stayed on the air for so long? :bad:

[The Mavs are] still a team that doesn't have a clue what a dagger is, much less how to use one, even less how to do it with a sense of cool nonchalance.

Amen to that. Somebody give these guys a dictionary and tell 'em to look up the words

FAST BREAK!!!

:rmad::rmad::rmad::rmad::rmad::rmad::rmad:

Edited by Big Al

Mavs are soft.

In other surprising news, the moon is out tonight.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'know, even though I knew this was going to be an upset, even though I knew the 67 wins were a fluke, it's still painful to watch so much potential go to waste.

As much as this is disgusting me, it would be a terrific irony for Don Nelson to win this series on his former home-court,

a big F U to Mark Cuban for basically forcing him out. What would make this circle complete is for Nash and the Suns to win it all. That would be THE single consolation in this whole mess.

Don't mind my rambling/whining.... just venting.... :rmad:

Edited by Big Al

Irony of ironies: if you go to the Mavs playoff website, the background music is The Who's "Eminence Front," which, IIRC, has as its chorus:

"Eminence front, it's a put-on."

Indeed! So much for coming to the party dressed to kill!

Edited by Big Al

What a strange game. The Warriors were walking the ball upcourt far too much; Ellis and Harrington still couldn't get it going; Pietrus makes a series of big plays; and the Mavs... kept putting up long bombs- some of them off balance or with hands in their face, especially late and with the game on the line. The Warriors showed a lot of heart and made some big shots, but Dallas just fell apart down the stretch.

Why we didn't push the tempo more I have no idea, but I still knew we'd have a chance at the end. Because we have Baron Davis.

3-1 feels nice, but that 4th win is still not going to be easy to come by.