A Blast From the Past

Dan Gould

What the fuck is he talking about?

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!

Where were you the night of June 26th 1978?

Why are YOU so fond of Little Debbie?

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, does it make a noise? Well, does it punk?

What is it about the air in motel rooms that gives everyone the same smell to their farts?

And lastly. Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

I rest my case. <_<

Where were you the night of June 26th 1978?

Why are YOU so fond of Little Debbie?

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around, does it make a noise? Well, does it punk?

What is it about the air in motel rooms that gives everyone the same smell to their farts?

And lastly. Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

1. Somewhere. that's all I can remember.

2. Faux-natural goodness baked into every bite!

3A. It creates a potential noise in that it creates sound waves, but if nothing is around to convert those waves into actual recieved sound, I guess not. Sorta like winking at a girl without her seeing you, only not.

3B. I haven't been a punk since forming Denton's FIRST Punk band, The Dirty Sphincter Band. We rehearsed for 30 minutes one afternoon, played a birthday party that night (for free, in fact) and promptly disbanded. Our repertoire consisted of two songs that I wrote, "Only Love" & "I Need Some Drugs", and a 90+ minute jam on Ornette's "Dancing In Your Head" which continued during the police's "visit" to the house to request that the volume be reduced. We complied, but did not stop playing. I sang and played alto (Why? I dunno, musta been delerious or something), Jimi Tunnell played guitar, Michael Murphy bass, and Dave "Tootie" Cameron was on drums. In attendance was Carl Finch, founder of Brave Combo. I found out about 15 years later that he once told somebody that he was have inspired to form BC by hearing The Dirty Sphincter Band's sole performance. He WAS at that party, so who knows? Date of this auspicious flirtation with the Big Time? Probably not June 26th 1978, but maybe a few months later.

4. Faux-natural goodness baked into every breath!

And lastly...

5. No. But my refrigerator IS running. Better go get it!

Actually it's Aqua Teen Hunger Force on Cartoon Network. Part of Adult Swim. So you probably saw it along with Futurama.

One of my favorite cartoons!

:)

Futurama is fantastic and I hate the Fox Network for having cancelled it. THey never gave it a chance. The 7 PM timeslot was constantly overrun with Football and other sports going into overtime. Besides the language was far too racey for that time. Certainly alot of kids are going to be watching TV then, and would be fascintated by the cartoon.

BTW, Adult Swim showed one of my favorite episodes on Thursday, with the Army of Lucy Liu-bots. Blank robots stamped with the label "Mac Formatted" !!!!! The film "Why humans shouldn't date robots" was one of the funniest I'v ever seen on either The Simpsons or Futurama.

I think it fair to say Matt Groening has seen a few Mel Brooks movies in his life.