New Stuff at www.zweitausendeins.de

Niko

it seems the new program at zweitausendeins has been entered today...

Dizzy Gillespie Mosaic at 84 Euro

numerous Impulse items at 7,99 (8,99 for John Coltrane)(good for me but i suppose most of you guys already have stuff like the Pharoah Sanders and Alice Coltrane albums...)

Allen Lowe's Devilin Tune (suppose he prefers to sell them himself)

and a lot of stuff which looks like cheapo Membram type of stuff, not easy to see as long as pictures and more information... are not added

it seems the new program at zweitausendeins has been entered today...

Dizzy Gillespie Mosaic at 84 Euro

numerous Impulse items at 7,99 (8,99 for John Coltrane)(good for me but i suppose most of you guys already have stuff like the Pharoah Sanders and Alice Coltrane albums...)

Allen Lowe's Devilin Tune (suppose he prefers to sell them himself)

and a lot of stuff which looks like cheapo Membram type of stuff, not easy to see as long as pictures and more information... are not added

Thanks for the heads up. For once they come out slightly more expensive than Mosaic for the Diz set (with 10% April discount). A first !

They also got all the recent Blue Note RVGs for €6.99 each.

I grabbed Turrentine's The Spoiler on my last visit to the Frankfurt store.

Didn't see a copy of the Dizzy box ...

they really added this stuff just yesterday afternoon...

they are still scanning the covers

Edited by Niko

don't quite get what's going on there, the number of pages in jazz CDs went up from 69 to 121 today, seems like they are resuming last years OJC 2,99 Euro sale (with the same items? not all of them, but nothing i haven't seen before, wish i had a zweitausendeins store nearby like last year) lots of things like Johnny Griffin's "Kerry Dancers" and "Grab this", Fathead Newman / James Clay "Sound of the wide open spaces" are back in the list, though all listed as sold out (maybe this is just some temporary option their software gives them until they have "really" added this stuff ?? don't see another reason; the items can already be searched for)

don't quite get what's going on there, the number of pages in jazz CDs went up from 69 to 121 today, seems like they are resuming last years OJC 2,99 Euro sale (with the same items? not all of them, but nothing i haven't seen before, wish i had a zweitausendeins store nearby like last year) lots of things like Johnny Griffin's "Kerry Dancers" and "Grab this", Fathead Newman / James Clay "Sound of the wide open spaces" are back in the list, though all listed as sold out (maybe this is just some temporary option their software gives them until they have "really" added this stuff ?? don't see another reason; the items can already be searched for)

169 pages by now... (still everything marked as sold out...)

Looks like an error, doesn't it? With so many pages who can even browse through them properly?

Looks like an error, doesn't it? With so many pages who can even browse through them properly?

don't know, as you can see from my posts it appeared in at least two batches, the relevant stuff starts around page 50... (or search for the labels - as i said, it's all marked as sold out at the moment)

I just browsed through the jazz new titles.

Seems they have all of the Impulse catalogue for € 7,99 a piece.

I warn you of a series called "Original Jazz Standards", they look like this:

505667.jpg

A series marketed by ZYX, you know what the series title is to sound like. They rip off titles from Prestige, Blue Note, MGM, whatever, with no respect to even European copyright law. Their revenge for loosing the Fantasy catalogue?

Edited by mikeweil

I warn you of a series called "Original Jazz Standards", they look like this:

505667.jpg

A series marketed by ZYX, you know what the series title is to sound like. They rip off titles from Prestige, Blue Note, MGM, whatever, with no respect to even European copyright law. Their revenge for loosing the Fantasy catalogue?

:blush: i hope neither Membran nor Zyx are angry with me for not being able to tell them apart in my first post :)

Mike, are you certain about that? The tracklist of the Shearing CD lists recordings made between 1947-53, i.e. in the public domain. I haven't checked the other CDs in the series

http://www.zyx.de/main/artist.cfm?artist_i...aeger_vinyl=0#a

Mike, are you certain about that? The tracklist of the Shearing CD lists recordings made between 1947-53, i.e. in the public domain. I haven't checked the other CDs in the series

http://www.zyx.de/main/artist.cfm?artist_i...aeger_vinyl=0#a

You're right about the Shearing being public domain in Europe. But these CDs are made cheaply, with little care, and after distributing Fantasy one would expect a little more respect from them.

Concerning the Fantasy sellout remainings: It seems they have only a few titles left and still not sorted out their stock. I haven't seen new additions in the Frankfurt shop for the last three months.

thank you, Cologne doesn't have any left, couldn't check Düsseldorf (who always had the much better sellout section) in recent months... the strange thing about the stuff they had relisted was, that there were actually some items in between, like Johnny Griffin's Kerry Dancers and Grab this and some McCoy Tyner Cds (which i regret to have passed), which were sold out rather quickly last year... but as the relistings are gone i suppose it really was just a computer mistake or something

So the bottom line is that there actually isn't that much that's really new after all?

Just wanted to make sure before I dash down my downtown 2001 shop because (as you said) not many new items have come in during the past 3 or 4 months or so, least of all from the Fantasy/OJC catalog.

So the bottom line is that there actually isn't that much that's really new after all?

Just wanted to make sure before I dash down my downtown 2001 shop because (as you said) not many new items have come in during the past 3 or 4 months or so, least of all from the Fantasy/OJC catalog.

why not dash them down... i would say the most interesting items were those hatology releases which came iirc in december, the telarc stuff was quite a lot but didn't interest me all that much, this months besides those cheapo membram and zyx things (which i could get for about the same low price in many places if i wanted them) the impulse sale is the most interesting bit, but that's only for me, not for most other board members and "serious collectors" - i only have two John Coltrane Impulse CDs (and want more) but might be in the minority with this (it's by far not the complete impulse catalogue, no Blues and the abstract truth for instance, and no Illumination which i need badly)

• 4 months later...

After a long time of very few interesting jazz sales at Zweitausendeins, they have started offering lots of great bargains again, such as:

- Sony midprice CDs at 4€

- a huge Ella Fitzgerald sale

- a lot of Blue Note stuff at 5€

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/display/?d=4756

http://www.zweitausendeins.de/artikel/cds/jazz/?CT=1

Edited by Claude

And some of the 2004-2005 (or 2006? when did it end?) releases have by now become available in non-CC versions, too, as I mentioned before. You won't see that when buying over the net, though, but in stores' BN sales here I found a number of RVGs that used to be available as copycrap only. None of the other cc BN stuff though... seems RVGs are the series with the brightest future, while they probably just sell the rest of the stuff as long as supplies last and then it's gone for good.

A couple of examples for not-any-longer copycrap discs I bought are Blakey's "Indestructible", Taylor's "Conquistador" and Hubbard's "Freddie's Ready". I've also seen Green's "Goin' West" in non-cc version. Most of the time in the same sales, there were cc-version of the very same titles, too, though, so as I said: don't buy over the web and expect non-cc versions!