George Braith Test Pressing

sidewinder

In his item description the seller says it that the famous Van Gelder

"ear" is a misnomer. It is actually a "P" for Plastylite, the company that pressed Blue Note records.

Well I'll be da..... You learn something everyday. I guess every one else here knew that already

This is nice, but it is kid's play in comparison to this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TINA-BROOKS-BACK-TO-TH...1QQcmdZViewItem

:tup

that really is cool, I don't think Michael ever mentioned that test pressings were made or existed. Before it got released, it was only known as something that had been sequenced and catalogued and that pictures of the cover appeared on inner sleeves of other releases, yet never actually released. So its really cool to see that something really was produced.

I'll have to tell George about this and send him the link.

:tup

George's wife called today and I told her about the auction. She was pretty amazed. I'll talk to George tommorrow.... I'm sure he'll be surprised (and probably a little appaled).

abraith.jpg

Larry Young, Roy Haynes & George Braith

at the Wonder Gardens, Atlantic City, New Jersey 1964

Edited by Soul Stream

Great picture which I have not seen for a while....did it not used to be on George's site before?

also a little weird seeing the test pressings and did not know

a that it was a p and not an ear.....does that mean all those who have sold big bucks Blue notes need to offer refunds ;)

b about the 25 test pressings.....means there are 24 more...to come!

Edited by andybleaden

Great picture which I have not seen for a while....did it not used to be on George's site before?

Yeah Andy, it's still on George's site. Great shot! There's still a picture George has that I've been trying to get him to send me for a long time...it's at the same Atlantic City gig which was a double bill with that group and McDuff's group. The shot is George, Grant Green, McDuff and Larry Young standing in front of the club and the sign with the groups names.... :D