Going to Beijing in a month

My wife and I are travelling to China at the beginning of November, and we'll be staying in the CBD. Can some of you world-travellers tell me what to expect? Where to go? Any music stores there? ;)

Ok I'll bite - what's the CBD? Commercial Business District?

I have been in Beijing for the past 2 months and have enjoyed it a lot so far. There are construction sites everywhere around town and it is amazing to see so much development happening at once.

I have found some CD/DVD shops but the "officially released" section has been pretty limited for jazz. If you are a classical fan on the other hand there is a huge selection of stuff to choose from.

There are a lot of things to see in Beijing including huge parks and of course the Forbidden City (I haven't been yet). The CBD is on a subwway line that goes to Tiananmen square and taxis are very cheap and clean so you should have no problem getting around, other than language. If you get someone to write down your destination in Chinese for taxi drivers you should be able to get around without any problems.

Send me a private message if you have any questions.