question

baptizum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Root Doctor CD is already on the torrents. It took us nine months of hard work and over $12k of our own money to make and some asshole (most likely a DJ since we haven't sold that many yet) has ripped it off for everyone!

Yay!

It's easy to say it's okay when it's not your livelihood.

Welcome to the world of "sharing".

In the last 6 months I have discovered about a dozen "blogs" offering my stuff. When I object I get very negative crap back.

The new Root Doctor CD is already on the torrents. It took us nine months of hard work and over $12k of our own money to make and some asshole (most likely a DJ since we haven't sold that many yet) has ripped it off for everyone!

Yay!

It's easy to say it's okay when it's not your livelihood.

Welcome to the world of "sharing".

In the last 6 months I have discovered about a dozen "blogs" offering my stuff. When I object I get very negative crap back.

Yep. Not much you can do about it. My only hope is that the people will like the music and come to a show if we ever play in their town. Then again, that would require spending money to support an artist, which they don't seem to care about. It's only about "me and mine".

so i wont fucking share on this forum.

youre not going to stop me from doing so elsewhere. and youre not going to make me feel bad for doing so.

i never wouldve have financially supported organissimo had i not heard their music illegally first. im a poor college student. i dont get to buy that many albums, so i want to buy good albums. no matter what guilt trip you lay on me, i wouldnt own half my collection if it werent for torrents and the like. my criminal activity has made many artist money. i can sleep at night

plus what about super obscure albums?

wanna inform me of a shop where i can walk in and purchase Skilfullness by Alan Silva? cos i sure as fuck cant find one

Edited by baptizum

youre not going to stop me from doing so elsewhere. and youre not going to make me feel bad for doing so.

i never wouldve have financially supported organissimo had i not heard their music illegally first. im a poor college student. i dont get to buy that many albums, so i want to buy good albums. no matter what guilt trip you lay on me, i wouldnt own half my collection if it werent for torrents and the like. my criminal activity has made many artist money. i can sleep at night

wanna inform me of a shop where i can walk in and purchase Skilfullness by Alan Silva? cos i sure as fuck cant find one

When I was a poor college student, I still didn't rip people off.

ever play an album for a friend who didnt own it?

Precisely! When I was a poor college student, I listened to the radio if I couldn't afford something I wanted. Hell, I'd set up my boom box with a blank cassette to try and catch whatever song it was that I fancied. That's how you got "free" music. Not anymore.

What this shit-for-brains can't figure out is that there won't be any music to purchase by the time him and his generation are through fucking over musicians.

I second Chuck's suggestion that he leave.

ever play an album for a friend who didnt own it?

Your argument points are pretty juvenile. Try doing a search on this forum for the pros/cons of downloading. There have been more than a few in-depth discussions about it.

Edited by Aggie87

and honestly (not to use this as an excuse) id be stoked just that people want to hear my music.

Being "stoked" doesn't put meat and potatoes on the table for the musician's family like paying for legitimate copies of the music does. Working musicians aren't millionaires.

Precisely! When I was a poor college student, I listened to the radio if I couldn't afford something I wanted. Hell, I'd set up my boom box with a blank cassette to try and catch whatever song it was that I fancied. That's how you got "free" music. Not anymore.

What this shit-for-brains can't figure out is that there won't be any music to purchase by the time him and his generation are through fucking over musicians.

I second Chuck's suggestion that he leave.

thats stealing too

radio plays shit. to quote thom yorke "the internet is the new radio. theres all kinds of music playing out there. you just have to find it."

and honestly (not to use this as an excuse) id be stoked just that people want to hear my music.

Being "stoked" doesn't put meat and potatoes on the table for the musician's family like paying for legitimate copies of the music does. Working musicians aren't millionaires.

i like how you omitted the second part of my post about how ive spent $10,000 supporting musicians