Online vinyl purchasing

porter_esq

From time to time I haul a batch of LPs off Ebay when I'm feeling flush and lazy. Where else do you cats dig through the virtual bins for potential finds?

I've been burned by this method, for sure, but sometimes I can't help betting on finding some obscure or unique vinyl in good condition online. Where are your secret hideouts?

Stunning list - and an impressive number in NM condition !

Wish I had $1k+ in loose change for that JR Monterose Jaro. May be of interest to the Bush tax refund fraternity perhaps?

Unfortunaltely you'll need probably much more than 1 k to get this one from Jeff's list. Jeff Barr or not Jeff Barr (and i've been a regular customer for years with many ++++ and some -----) , those high opening prices for auction are still VERY high And eventually, seller sells to WHO he wants (at the price he wants). I know everyone will tell me how gentlemen is the guy, how he sincerely loves music, and how tasty and honourable and knowledgeable he is and we all are...this is business, period. Private recycling of Ebay hysteria...

www.euclidrecords.com - Best on-line LP seller I've found. Reasonable prices - like everyone, they ask too much for Blue Notes. Grading is OK - not perfect, just OK. Shipping is fast and I've never had any damaged records.

I should also note that in the past, their on-line stock was not current. I used to have a lot of items wind up "Not Available" after I ordered it. They say they've fixed it, but I haven't ordered anything in a while.

Scratch that - I just found a Dizzy Reece Bee Hive that I've been looking for. Ooooh, and they have Billy Mitchell and Al Cohn "Live in Dakar" on Xanadu! I've been looking for that for a while. Well, I'll see if they've fixed their on-line stock issue. :)

www.euclidrecords.com - Best on-line LP seller I've found. Reasonable prices - like everyone, they ask too much for Blue Notes. Grading is OK - not perfect, just OK. Shipping is fast and I've never had any damaged records.

I should also note that in the past, their on-line stock was not current. I used to have a lot of items wind up "Not Available" after I ordered it. They say they've fixed it, but I haven't ordered anything in a while.

Scratch that - I just found a Dizzy Reece Bee Hive that I've been looking for. Ooooh, and they have Billy Mitchell and Al Cohn "Live in Dakar" on Xanadu! I've been looking for that for a while. Well, I'll see if they've fixed their on-line stock issue. :)

I was amused to see that, in Euclid's Gospel section, one can find the sixties British rock group Amen Corner.

What a lot of records they have!!!

MG

Not specific about jazz, but for other stuff, mostly rock and blues, I found reliable:

http://freespace.virgin.net/peter.bonner/psych.htm

http://www.lastvestige.com/vinyl.htm

http://www.recordsbymail.com/

Anyway some bad surprises are unavoidable in the vinyl game, sellers with thousands of records in catalogue didn't aurally check everything, the real issue is how they deal with problems.

All the aboves, and Jeff Barr, had been fair in the business I had with them, and fair in dealing problems.

I had business with Euclid too, fair.

Michel, it's business I agree, I am interested in how they are running it. Nobody is into vinyl's selling for the safe of the Arts.

And what about 295 $ STARTING BID for Serge Chaloff 's Blue Serge?

Actually I think Blue Serge is still available because of it otherwise... :w

Why pay that? www.vinyl.com has 3 different versions available new. Might not sound as great as an original, but should sound fine and you save hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars.

Why pay that? www.vinyl.com has 3 different versions available new. Might not sound as great as an original, but should sound fine and you save hundreds (maybe thousands) of dollars.

Because I have the cd already, so if I'd going to buy a vinyl I'd like an original or an earlier reissue, or, at least, an audiophile reissue analog remastered from the original master tape by a guy like Hoffman or Grundman.

Edited by porcy62

Because I have the cd already, so if I'd going to buy a vinyl I'd like an original or an earlier reissue, or, at least, an audiophile reissue analog remastered from the original master tape by a guy like Hoffman or Grundman.

The Mosaic LP of 'Blue Serge' will do me. :cool:

The Mosaic LP of 'Blue Serge' will do me. :cool:

It would be nice, 150/250 bucks on eBay...mmmhh, I'll keep my cd for now.

and neither i need a NM original copy. :beee: i already have one <_<