AMG sucks

king ubu

I can't open the discography of an artist, it just re-loads the overview page again and again, no matter how often I try (using MSIE, being at work... not sure if it works at home, haven't tried - but then AMG is bad enough only to kill time while at work but looking things up there while at home would be a waste of time anyway...)

I tried with the Nat King Cole page, yesterday I tried with others... that site is getting worse and worse, it seems...

Anyone else has that problem? I've already experienced it last week, on another computer with MSIE. And sometime back Opera was the browser not being able to cope with AMG... (and I kept having MSIE among other reasons for AMG...)

i am a reasonably happy user of msie (at home, not here at work) and never had that problem, the site never worked well sometimes forcing IE to shut down or timing out but the links always worked... will give it a try tonight (should have done that yesterday, sorry...)

Edited by Niko

Anyone else has that problem? I've already experienced it last week, on another computer with MSIE. And sometime back Opera was the browser not being able to cope with AMG... (and I kept having MSIE among other reasons for AMG...)

i am a reasonably happy user of msie (at home, not here at work) and never had that problem, the site never worked well sometimes forcing IE to shut down or timing out but the links always worked... will give it a try tonight (should have done that yesterday, sorry...)

nah, I should have looked up my stuff at home yesterday and shouldn't have started this thread, really...

but after AMG was done newly, it repeatedly shut dome Opera for me, too... and the timing out is contstantly there, all of the time (rather unlikely if I'm not doing anything else, but I don't need all that bandwidth I have just to browse AMG... what a waste that would be... :g)

I'm creating an Excel sheet of all my music, and I've been using AMG to find the years and labels for some of the stuff. I've been experiencing the same thing with the Discography page, at random times. Sometimes it loads fast, sometimes it's slow, sometimes it "times out."

The most aggravating thing is when they list the year of the reissue and not the year an album was recorded. There should be a different category for reissue year as opposed to recorded year.

I'm surprised that they get the advertising that they do considering how often the site times out on me. Do these companies even check out their site when they sign up for advertising?

Maybe AMG brings a laptop to the meeting which has a smaller local version that they use to 'wow' the companies with and, obviously, runs much faster.

Sometimes it would be quicker to revert to the old AMG book that I have...

AMG makes most of it's money providing feeds of it's data to most of the online music stores. The website (which despite it's errors, inconsistencies & bandwidth problems) is still the best tool of it's kind on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if the website isn't highest on their priority list.