Saw it on a soap opera

Tom 1960

Funny stuff. I was watching today these 2 guys on the soap opera "The Young And Restless" conversing about jazz. One guy is sitting there telling a story how he was able as a kid to sneak into a club to watch the Chick Corea electric band perform. The other guy reminisces about seeing "The Weather Report" perform at a club called Andy's in Chicago. Got to see Joe Zawinul. I'm sitting with the wife as I'm watching this chuckling to myself, she having no idea what these guys were talking about. Just thought it was kind of amusing.

Funny stuff. I was watching today these 2 guys on the soap opera "The Young And Restless" conversing about jazz. One guy is sitting there telling a story how he was able as a kid to sneak into a club to watch the Chick Corea electric band perform. The other guy reminisces about seeing "The Weather Report" perform at a club called Andy's in Chicago. Got to see Joe Zawinul. I'm sitting with the wife as I'm watching this chuckling to myself, she having no idea what these guys were talking about. Just thought it was kind of amusing.

Tom is watching the Young and the Restless?

Well, I think Chris is addicted to his "stories" too ... :g

I think its interesting that they would bring something in about jazz on a show like that. Is it something they want known about the characters ... must be a writer who just wanted to slip that in - though I guess calling them "The" Weather Report makes it possible they just went to AMG or something to find a group or two to name-drop.

Watching soaps with your wife. No wonder you're getting Mosaics.

Genius, Tom. Genius. ;)

BTW, is Hope still hanging in there?

3809_4970262.jpg

:lol:

but seriously....

what's with the Hope and the scarf.... is she cold? but just her neck is cold?

and the bitchy fashion stylist who makes Lily look ridiculous (while causing Lily to become a binger/purger big time)...

I'll bet a dollar that Gloria's husband, Jeffrey Bardwell, killed Ji Min. Remember you heard it here first.

not that ever watch or anything... I just heard. ^_^

My mom watched Y&R every day. My little sister watches it now and sometimes I babysit for her children. If I ever come over at 12:30, Y&R is on. I have not watched it since I my mom was alive, so I barely recognize most of the characters, although there are many that are still there.

That show is pretty funny.

Dark Shadows is interesting, in a campy sort of way, but soaps have come a long way--out of the shadows, so to speak. Y&R is well written, generally well acted, and rarely an insult to the viewer's intelligence. It is actually amazing that the show is as good as it is when one considers that they have to come up with about 6 hours a week (subtracting commercial and promotional time).

Yeah, but for REAL entertainment value, you can't beat the telenovelas. I'm sorry, but there isn't a one American female soap star that is even remotely as sexy as the Mexican/Spanish ladies! (For that matter, same goes for the men. :w ) I can't understand a word they're saying, but I don't really care either!

Dark Shadows is interesting, in a campy sort of way, but soaps have come a long way--out of the shadows, so to speak. Y&R is well written, generally well acted, and rarely an insult to the viewer's intelligence. It is actually amazing that the show is as good as it is when one considers that they have to come up with about 6 hours a week (subtracting commercial and promotional time).

Now that this is out in the open and we know that you're such a big fan of soaps, it sheds new light on your comments about Brittney Spears, Chris.

applause.gif

Sounds like Chris is the go to person if I need any updates on the shows story line. ^_^ Our cable system also carries the Soapnet channel which reruns the weeks worth of programs from 7 - midnight on Saturday nights. Not that you'll find me sitting in front of the tv screen on Saturday nights?