Reptet Announces Spring Tour

Johnny E

I believe we are headlining but I'm not 100% sure. I'll find out and post before we take off on tuesday.

By the way, on our myspace page we have posted some samples of the new record. We recorded the engineer while she was flipping from track to track in the studio comparing levels and such. It's like an overview of Chicken or Beef in abruptly mangled 5 second snippets. It's called "STAY TUNED chicken or beef", check it out.

When's the new CD due out ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe we are headlining but I'm not 100% sure. I'll find out and post before we take off on tuesday.

By the way, on our myspace page we have posted some samples of the new record. We recorded the engineer while she was flipping from track to track in the studio comparing levels and such. It's like an overview of Chicken or Beef in abruptly mangled 5 second snippets. It's called "STAY TUNED chicken or beef", check it out.

When's the new CD due out ?

Chicken or Beef?'s officail release date is June 3rd. But there's a small chance we may have some copies to sell on the road. We're waiting on the letter press man - we have discs, but no covers. He's cranking them out over the weekend and then (if all goes perfectly) he'll be mailing them to us in Chicago. Keep your fingers crossed on that. If it doesn't work out, we just got the second printing of Do This! made, so we won't be empty handed.

We're having our Seattle CD Release Party on May 18th at The Seattle Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park. It starts at 2pm, is free and all ages. There will also be a pre-concert discussion before the show at 1:30.

Guest Bill Barton

...We're having our Seattle CD Release Party on May 18th at The Seattle Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park. It starts at 2pm, is free and all ages. There will also be a pre-concert discussion before the show at 1:30.

See you there! I'm looking forward to it. Especially since I missed the relatively recent gig at Neumo's. And have a great tour!

Edited by Bill Barton

Hey Johnny - I walked by Tritone yesterday and they had not one but TWO color posters for your upcoming gig hanging up in the window. Oh and the posters say that you performing at 10pm. Hoping that's correct cause I think I'll just miss you guys if you hit it earlier.

Just came back from their gig in Grand Rapids.

I saw them last year, and thought they were great.

This year they were even better! :tup

Hey Mark I'm glad you caught that show.. What a cool loft Hugo has.. Unfortunately I couldn't catch the show. I was playing a music wallpaper gig in a yuppy restaurant...

Longfellow Square in Portland, Maine? you guys work here more than I do (I've been blacklisted from Longfellow, as the owner is the head of a non-profit performance space whose managers I describe in my current CD notes as "twerps.")

May I sit in?

Edited by AllenLowe

Dee da dee dee doot doot doot

Chicken or Beef? Chicken or Beef?

Parts is parts unless you're a swingin' appendage of a Reptet -- then parts are more than parts, they're a carefully coordinated instantaneous mobile of interchanging rhythmic voicings (TUBA!) cued from music school reggae interlopers and harmonic minor Turkish/Persian/Balkan scale swipers hueing towards an altissimo climax of multi voiced confabulation that zens me back to ol' (NEW!) Dutch swing. "Ain't got no cigarettes." Then an indefinate pitched trombone out in "Gwand Wabbits."

You choose, but no turkey on the menu.

I've been Reptified!

The band dosn't have to lay on a rock for an hour in the sun to bring it's body temp up to caterwauling movement: the Reptet is dangerous from the git.

Opened my cage.....

Edited by Lazaro Vega

Holy Shit! It's TONIGHT???? I sorta lost touch, with the Board being down for a while, etc.. :blush:

DAMN! Can't make it (other plans). DOUBLE DAMN!

Kirby, you'll have to be there for the both of us, and give John my regrets.

DAMN!

Edited by Ron S

Playing Boston tonight. Johnny D's in Somerville. We hit at 8:30pm (Sonic Exploreres to follow). I hope to see some Boston board people.

We're in the home stretch. Just tonight, Brooklyn (fri) and Trenton (sat) then home. Man, it's been quite the trip.

We're sounding tighter than ever.

Back home. Thanks to everyone for coming out and supporting us on our tour. Chicken or Beef? CD's are now available to any board member who wishes to purchase one (not officially available until May 18th). Just send me an email or PM. They are $15. Love you guys!

-johnny

Sorry I couldn't make the Trenton gig, I had something else going down.

How is Trenton these days? Joe's Mill Hill Saloon is in (or was) a pretty nasty neighborhood.

Pretty fucking bleak. The booking guy there led me to believe that they had some kind of build in draw...not the case. No press to speak of, and the only name the booker could give me was an old, out of date contact at the Trenton Herald - and the email address he me gave was mistyped, so I had to do the research myself. The opening band was good. They were called 'Drake' from Philly (bass, drums, cello, trumpet and MC). They stuck around and bought CD's. Beyond that, we had two barflys and two cracks heads in attendance. Needless to say, this was the first and last gig we will ever play in Trenton New Jersey.

Edited by Johnny E

Sorry I couldn't make the Trenton gig, I had something else going down.

How is Trenton these days? Joe's Mill Hill Saloon is in (or was) a pretty nasty neighborhood.

Beyond that, we had two barflys and two cracks heads in attendance. Needless to say, this was the first and last gig we will ever play in Trenton New Jersey.

Ha! Been there, bro!

Did you at least score some good rock? ;)

The show is Philly was amazing. Better than last year's. In fact, as I was sitting there I was trying to think of a way of how I could ditch my life here and join the band. I concluded that it was not possible without a lot of pain. Alas. For you people that haven't seen/ heard Johnny's band yet - WTF are you dragging you feet for?? Good times await you.

The new album is great. Love Samantha's writing and the playing is all top notch. The Organissimo board is blessed with two awesome drummers - Johnny and Randy.