OMFG!! Gary McFarland's 13 aka Eye of the Devil!

Teasing the Korean

FSM is well-aware that Eye of the Devil is a film score few people have heard of—let alone want to buy.

Priceless!

It DOES sound funny when you isolate that part, but this label caters to soundtrack people primarily. Considering this is an obscure film scored by a guy who did only two soundtracks, it's pretty remarkable that they chose to release this.

For the love of sweet baby Jesus, why do people still use Real Audio files!??!

How to make it really hard for people to listen to your product, Rule #1:

Use non-standard audio files like Real Audio that require the use of specialized playback software.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I know what you mean--we're about to switch to archiving WFIU shows (including Night Lights) in MP3 format.

Re: EYE, yeah, I got that same e-mail from FSM. How's that Bernstein score for HEAVY METAL?

Edited by ghost of miles

FSM is well-aware that Eye of the Devil is a film score few people have heard of—let alone want to buy.

Priceless!

It DOES sound funny when you isolate that part, but this label caters to soundtrack people primarily. Considering this is an obscure film scored by a guy who did only two soundtracks, it's pretty remarkable that they chose to release this.

I didn't know the Flying Spaghetti Monster reviewed film scores.

Use non-standard audio files like Real Audio that require the use of specialized playback software.

I know what you mean--we're about to switch to archiving WFIU shows (including Night Lights) in MP3 format.

Re: EYE, yeah, I got that same e-mail from FSM. How's that Bernstein score for HEAVY METAL?

Huh!? To What are you referring? I was involved in that film and have a copy of the vinyl release of Elmer's score somewhere

(hope I can find it). Have they released a cd of it?

• 4 weeks later...

Huh!? To What are you referring? I was involved in that film and have a copy of the vinyl release of Elmer's score somewhere

(hope I can find it). Have they released a cd of it?

They just sent a copy of the Heavy Metal Score to our office. It contains a very good and extensive liner notes. I've always loved Elmer's score.

• 10 months later...

I'm a big McFarland fan and was excited when I saw that this album was finally being released. There are not a huge number of McFarland albums.

As most of you will know, the main theme from the movie (a very pretty tune) was recorded by Gary on a few other albums, such as the Impulse one with Zoot.

As far as this album goes, I like the track with the theme. The English harpist featured on it is wonderful, and was also used on the Zoot album (which was recorded in London, England, at about the same time). The rest of the album is strictly in the "listen once" category for me.

I absolutely hate the movie - what a load of shit.

The rest of the album is strictly in the "listen once" category for me.

To each his own, but I completely don't get where you're coming from. What's wrong with this album? It is haunting, beautiful, and sounds like virtually nothing else. I can see if you don't like 60s delirious soundtracks or modernist classical stuff, but if you like either of those two genres, this one delivers. I've been listening non stop and I keep discovering new things.