Flute + Vibraphone dates

EKE BBB

Just listening to "Jeux de quartes" (Jazz in Paris), with Bobby Jaspar on flute and Michel Hausser (and Sadi Lallemand) on vibes.

I don´t remember having listened to this combination of soloists in a small ensemble before... and it sounds gooooooood to my ears.

Could you add any more dates with FLUTE+VIBES ???

Just listening to "Jeux de quartes" (Jazz in Paris), with Bobby Jaspar on flute and Michel Hausser (and Sadi Lallemand) on vibes.

I don´t remember having listened to this combination of soloists in a small ensemble before... and it sounds gooooooood to my ears.

No recommendations come to my mind, but I do LOVE that CD!

Really wonderful and unusual music!

Yes, there is one (maybe too obvious): Herbie Mann At the Village Gate (Atlantic), one of my favorite flute CDs.

ubu

Some 1950's Cal Tjader albums on Fantasy/OJC have Paul Horn on flute, but not on every track.

There was another great Johnny Rae album with Herbie Mann on United Artists that was soon reissued under Mann's name, with a killer rhythm section - Philly Joe Jones, José Mangual, Patato Valdez, Victor Pantoja, Bob Corwin and Jack Six.

Mann had Johnny Rae, Dave Pike, later Roy Ayers - if you like his music ....

Windows Opened on Atlantic with Ayers is a very good album.

Among the straightahead stuff mentioned above, the three "opus" albums stand out to these ears.

I didn't like Steve Gadd's playing and sound on the Laws album and sold it. Too short, only four tracks with Laws.

Laws' "In the Beginning" on CTI has David Friedman on vibes and sounds much better to me.

Not exclusively flute and vibes, but both Bobby Hutcherson's Dialogue (w/Sam Rivers) and Components (w/James Spaulding) feature such a lineup on some tracks.

Guy

For completeness, if we start listing Hutchserson's dates with flute tracks, the Connoisseur CD Patterns with James Spaulding deserves a mention. He is also on the 1989 Hutcherson Landmark CD Ambos Mundos - flute only, and Roger Glenn on second flute -, which to me was a great disappointment.