MLB 2008

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A bit after the half way point who would have thought: (I wish I went to Vegas in March and did this parlay)

Rays in first place?

The two HR leaders in the NL play 2nd base and their last names start with a U

An ex crack head and the leagues biggest hot head are both deserving all stars, model teammates and leading the most potent offense in the AL over in Texas.

The great thing about baseball is you never know.

On local side for me the A's have been a gritty and fun team to watch, even though they keep putting out AAA lineups, somehow someway they keep winning. Tim Lincecum for the Giants is the hottest ticket in town, I was at the game yesterday and it felt like a post season game mixed with a street faire. Cub fans are a blast.

Edited by WorldB3

Ian Kinsler, the most overrated infielder in the league, committing his SIXTEENTH error to allow five unearned runs.

Ahem! Please see: Lugo, Julio. You think you've got an axe to grind? I'm fahkin' Paul Bunion over here!

He's still playing? Damn, I'm sorry. Seriously! I thought he'd stopped playing ages ago.

Okay, SECOND-most overrated infielder. :g

An ex crack head and the leagues biggest hot head are both deserving all stars, model teammates and leading the most potent offense in the AL over in Texas.

Are you serious? "Potent offense?" Where? I guess you're referring to Hamilton and Bradley, except that Kinsler is ahead of both of them with his .325 average. I guess that makes overlooking Ian's 16 errors a little easier, but still: the Rangers are once again only a game above .500 and sliding fast. The pitchers are banged up (again), the defense is lapsing (as usual), and the offense is sputtering (it must be July).

What is the record for leading the league in RBIs with the lowest batting average?

Ryan Howard could be in the running for that record

Good question!

I don't know what the record is, but Harmon Killebrew only hit .243 in '62. Cecil Fielder was a point better for one of his titles. There could be others - I just did a quick look at RBI leaders but batting average wasn't displayed next to them.

Last year Ryan Howard struggled in the spring and made up for it as the year progressed. We'll see if the pattern repeats. He's having a hot July so far.

Rockies win!!! Rockies win!!

That was an amazing game, wasn't it??? I just don't think they can climb back in the race, but......well, I take that back!!! 15 games under .500, but only 7 games out!!!! Every single team in the NL west is under .500! The Diamondbacks looked like the best team in the NL early...

What is the record for leading the league in RBIs with the lowest batting average?

Ryan Howard could be in the running for that record

Good question!

I don't know what the record is, but Harmon Killebrew only hit .243 in '62. Cecil Fielder was a point better for one of his titles. There could be others - I just did a quick look at RBI leaders but batting average wasn't displayed next to them.

Last year Ryan Howard struggled in the spring and made up for it as the year progressed. We'll see if the pattern repeats. He's having a hot July so far.

I've been wondering this very thing for a little while! Just amazing. been checking. Don't see anyone close to Killebrew. Thought Dave Kingman might have done it, but the year he drove in 115(Winfield drove in 118) he hit .288!!!

Ryan Howard is projected to hit 41 homers, 136 RBI's , hit .223 with 216 strikeouts!!!

Was hitting .224 on the 16th of June, Hitting .223 today. Usually, guys with this low an average are easy to get out with runners in scoring position. Get this, .162 with no one on, .333 with RISP!!!!! :excited:

Rays have a 4-game lead after blanking the error-prone Royals. ... This is getting a little surreal.

Interesting stat I read - after August 8 or something, the Rays have 18 games at home; the Sox have 25. Now the Rays are a .500 club on the road, unlike almost every other team in the AL, but given the way both teams dominate at home, that has to be an advantage to the Sox.

Crap.

Double crap if you were watching the still-born comeback by the Red Sox while seeing the Cub score change in the bottom of the ninth.

As a pal of mine IM'd during the ninth inning: "You've gotta be shitting me! Bases loaded, game on the line and we send these three guys to bat? We deserve to lose."

Pinch-hitting for Cora was asinine. Then, using Moss to pinch-run for Manny leaves you with no replacement for Lugo or Varitek. Captain or not, confidence be damned, he needed to sit his ass down in the ninth.

As for the Cubs, if they were going to blow it, I'd really have appreciated it if they'd skipped the tease so I could get credit for the win--Lohse is on my fantasy squad.

By the way, my league may have an unexpected mid-year opening if anyone is interested. I've offered the team to a new manager, but he has yet to except the invitation, and managing two teams is exhausting. Drop me a line if interested.

Pretty decent picks in th 2008 AllStar Game this year I thought...but if Tim Lincecum doesn't get the start for NL, there is no justice.

10-1

122Ks [Leads the league]

2.49 ERA

Two-seam FB does 100 mph; four seam FB does 97 mph. He has a wicked good curve and splitter.

At 24 years-old, "The Freak" just plain deserves it. I think SI would agree.

0707_mid.jpg

Edited by GoodSpeak

Pretty decent picks in th 2008 AllStar Game this year I thought...but if Tim Lincecum doesn't get the start for NL, there is no justice.

10-1

122Ks [Leads the league]

2.49 ERA

Two-seam FB does 100 mph; four seam FB does 97 mph. He has a wicked good curve and splitter.

At 24 years-old, "The Freak" just plain deserves it. I think SI would agree.

0707_mid.jpg

What I've seen is impressive but between his physique and his motion, doesn't he seem to be an incipient injury risk?