Jackie McLean fan? Too good to be true bargain?

mikelz777

Received another email, man they do send a lot of stuff, i almost expect them to send me an email when one of their employees goes to the can...

Anyway, here it goes

Your back/special order has not yet arrived. Please know that we are working on getting it for you as soon as possible. As soon as it arrives, your order will be shipped! In the event the product becomes unavailable, we will notify you. Thank you for your patience.

Not exactly great news, especially when they start mentionning the u word...

Stay tuned

I got the same e-mail. Crossing my fingers...

They sent the same one again...

I'm getting them too. They're computer-generated, obviously. I think it's only marginally better than an "order is cancelled" email, but I guess hope springs eternal!

Greg Mo

"Dear John..."

MG

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same weekly reply received once again...

I even tried Borders with same result.

There are copies of this set available if you want to spend $50+ for this under $22 list price set..

:angry:

These vendors-Circuit City, Artists Direct, etc.- should just pull this set from their sites as they are unable to fulfill the orders placed.

Same weekly reply received once again...

I even tried Borders with same result.

There are copies of this set available if you want to spend $50+ for this under $22 list price set..

:angry:

These vendors-Circuit City, Artists Direct, etc.- should just pull this set from their sites as they are unable to fulfill the orders placed.

Well, yeah, they probably should pull the set from their websites... but let's be honest here - this "under $22 list price" is a fuck-up, plain and simple. There's no way $22 is the actual price of a 6 CD set like this.

They cancelled my order about a month ago, and I haven't lost any sleep over it. I knew the price they quoted was a fuck-up, and I hoped that I would get lucky enough to snag a set before they noticed their error in pricing. I didn't... and I'm totally fine with that.

You're right in that they should just send everyone a cancellation notice so that no one is left hanging on to some false hope... but I don't see the need to get angry about this one.

Cheers,

Shane

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Since I ordered this last year I moved my office. I just received a notice from UPS about a package they couldn't deliver because of the address change. I picked it up the package this afternoon and there it was, I had forgotten about it. Ended up being 25 and change with shipping.

• 2 weeks later...