IT'S A GIRL, YAY!!!!! (Pt. II!)

:party: Big congratulations Jim!

It looks like, unless the baby is hiding something, I am also going to be joining the 2 daughter/0 son club in July. The first one will be one and a half then so she probably won't take it so hard.

All the best, the family looks great.

Edited by wulfman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Stella is a joy to behold. She is officially one week old and I think we are surviving the sleep deprivation just fine. However, Jim asked after the first night home if it was possible to get negative hours of sleep! It's amazing that even a night owl like him can be whooped by a 7 lb baby.

Not that anyone would ever doubt it, but I have to say what a wonderful father and husband Jim is. Zora, Stella and I are so lucky to have him in our lives. I grew up with a father who was always around but not nearly as hands-on as Jim is. My girls will be richer by this experience and it makes my job as a mom much easier...and happier! :)

Alison

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. Stella is a joy to behold. She is officially one week old and I think we are surviving the sleep deprivation just fine. However, Jim asked after the first night home if it was possible to get negative hours of sleep! It's amazing that even a night owl like him can be whooped by a 7 lb baby.

Not that anyone would ever doubt it, but I have to say what a wonderful father and husband Jim is. Zora, Stella and I are so lucky to have him in our lives. I grew up with a father who was always around but not nearly as hands-on as Jim is. My girls will be richer by this experience and it makes my job as a mom much easier...and happier! :)

Alison

Yes, dads are certainly more involved with the kids now than they were in the past. Good thing. Especially with the transition from having one child to having two. I know that the work and the attention needed doesn't just double. The logic of math in these circumstances becomes irrelevant and you're going to find that the work increases about five to ten-fold.

But, worth it.

:crazy:

Edited by patricia

Everyone is doing well. So far, little Stella seems to be the antithesis to Zora, which is funny since Zora literally means "dawn" in Greek and Stella of course means "star". Stella loves to sleep, all the time. Zora, ever since she was born, barely sleeps. Some friends and family of ours have kids that go to bed at 7pm and don't wake up until 8am. Zora is up every morning at 6:30am, even if she doesn't get to bed until 9pm (and rarely does that happen... she hates going to bed).

Anyway, Stella's sleep/awake cycle is still off. She likes to be awake at night. Her hips are fine, though. We had the ultrasound and everything is normal.

• 7 months later...

Stella is now even months old and is possibly the world's cutest baby. Of course I am biased, but judge for yourself:

stella_bath.jpg

She is, as mentioned in the post above a mere 10 days after her birth, truly Zora's opposite. She is so mild-mannered. She goes to bed easy. She doesn't fuss. She is just a little sweetheart.

And did I mention she is cute?

Zora is up every morning at 6:30am, even if she doesn't get to bed until 9pm (and rarely does that happen... she hates going to bed).

My daughter (eight-and-a-half) gave up naps before she was two and HATES to go to bed. Most nights even IF we can get her in bed by nine or nine thirty, she's not asleep until after eleven. But once she's out, she likes to stay out! She rarely gets up before ten on weekends. You literally have to use the jaws of life to get her up on school days (you would think that the sleep depravation would put her out early on school nights, but no). She gets all this from me, of course. I also HATE going to bed. I have to push it until I literally can't stay awake another second (I pass out on the sofa most nights, usually somewhere between three and five in the morning). If I can sleep, I will sleep until the early afternoon. My circadian rhythms have been a mess for years...