Gotta Like This.....

WGN is now going by WGN America and running what they call "Outta Sight Retro Nights".

Two hours each night of these classic shows....

Taxi

WKRP

Barney Miller

Mary Tyler Moore

Welcome Back Kotter

Reminds me of what TV Land used to be.

Only problem is, I can't tell if it's just for this week only or if it is going to be an on going thing.

It's only this week, but looking at the schedule on their site, there are some classic Taxi episodes (Latka the swinging bachelor; a couple with Jim Ignatowski) tomorrow night and Friday has the classic "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" WKRP episode.

I have a feeling though that Welcome Back Kotter will remind me that "up your nose with a rubber hose" is best appreciated at the age of 8.

It's only this week, but looking at the schedule on their site, there are some classic Taxi episodes (Latka the swinging bachelor; a couple with Jim Ignatowski) tomorrow night and Friday has the classic "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly" WKRP episode.

I have a feeling though that Welcome Back Kotter will remind me that "up your nose with a rubber hose" is best appreciated at the age of 8.

Yeah, I was in my teens the first time around, and Welcome Back Kotter seemed to be typical mindless sitcom stuff to me. But WKRP and Mary Tyler Moore were classics. And of course, Jim Ignatowski remains my own personal idol!

Yeah, I was in my teens the first time around, and Welcome Back Kotter seemed to be typical mindless sitcom stuff to me. But WKRP and Mary Tyler Moore were classics. And of course, Jim Ignatowski remains my own personal idol!

Barbarino.JPG

"What?......Where?"

I know what you mean, the show was never in the same class as the others.

Still fun to check it out though, if for nothing else the theme song and to remember 86th Street back in the day.