Dusty Groove....a drag

Soul Stream

I've ordered so much stuff from the bastards over the years. I got a Leon Spencer reissue LP (an 8 or 9 dollar value) a week or two ago...haven't had time to open it up until yesterday...it was warped. sent an e-mail, and this was the response....

Thank you for your email. When did you receive this item? According to our return policy (that is posted on our website), all return matters must be handled in a timely fashion. Customers have 1 week from the receipt of the order to communicate with Dusty Groove regarding any complaints. It is important that all items are inspected upon receiving the order, and that any complaints are directed to Dusty Groove immediately. Also, once a return request has been made, the customer has 1 week to return the merchandise for a refund or replacement. Dusty Groove cannot be responsible for merchandise that remains in the customer's possession for an unusual amount of time.

Please email us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Betty

Dusty Groove America

Nevermind DG. I won't be dropping any more money your way.

I would push it and actually speak to someone in customer service or the owner. You have a long history with the company without any problems, it is obviously a deffect issue, and you are less then a week over there deadline so it is in no way a "unusual amount of time."

From my expereince working music retail sometimes people need to be reminded of the actual human and unrealisitic side of the consequences of these kind of blanket type policies.

Please keep the board posted on any results you may have. I usually hold off on ordering from them until I have a pretty big order (to save on shipping), so I would like to hear how they resolve this.

Thanks for all the great advice. I guess one of the things that I always like about Dusty Groove, was that it had a small mom-and-pop feel to it. I've talked with them on the phone many times, and traded e-mails over the years, and they were always cool. I sent them reply email last night, haven't heard back yet. Can't remember what I wrote other than I didn't dig their "corporate" response.

Can you define "a week or two"?

7-14 days.... ;) . Dusty Groove can check my past orders and when they were placed, I can't access that information. It's probably been here a week. That said, for as much business as I've given them over the years with NO returns on my part, a little "the customer's always right" would go a long way on an inexpensive item. They never did respond to my e-mail, so I won't be ordering from them ever again.