for Sale: TWO CDS YOU MUST HAVE...

1) Pacific Ocean Blue -Dennis Wilson

yes, the reissue of the Dennis Wilson LP, and yes, I know, I should have listened to wiser heads here who warned it wasn't very good - ok in spots, but not worth the $23 I paid for it - HOWEVER, it is 2 cds, and you don't know any better, so I'll sell it to you, in MINT shape, for $16 shipped media

2) Ornette Coleman: Town Hall 1962: ESP: STILL SEALED

one of the new ESP reissues with great sound - somehow I ended up with 2 copies of this; it is still sealed so what a deal -

$11 shipped media

prefer paypal - my paypal address is alowe5@maine.rr.com (email me at same)

1) Pacific Ocean Blue -Dennis Wilson

yes, the reissue of the Dennis Wilson LP, and yes, I know, I should have listened to wiser heads here who warned it wasn't very good - ok in spots, but not worth the $23 I paid for it - HOWEVER, it is 2 cds, and you don't know any better, so I'll sell it to you, in MINT shape, for $16 shipped media

2) Ornette Coleman: Town Hall 1962: ESP: STILL SEALED

one of the new ESP reissues with great sound - somehow I ended up with 2 copies of this; it is still sealed so what a deal -

$11 shipped media

prefer paypal - my paypal address is alowe5@maine.rr.com (email me at same)

Email sent on the Dennis Wilson, which I would like to hear even if I don't keep it.

Email sent on the Dennis Wilson, which I would like to hear even if I don't keep it.

...and I'll take it next, even if I don't intend to keep it either.

Then who's next after me??

Maybe we should just chip in and have an Organissimo board lending library!

...and I'll take it next, even if I don't intend to keep it either.

Then who's next after me??

Not me. I already have it. I think it's one of those odd corners of pop music history that is definitely worth hearing (and having around). Dennis was always the least of the Beach Boys, lacking Brian's genius, Carl's heavenly voice, Al Jardine's "ordinary-guy" appeal, or Mike Love's braggadiccio. He was even superceded by Hal Blaine on most of the Beach Boy's studio sessions!

That said, it cool to hear him step out of the shadow of his more talented band-mates and make something that's his. It reminds us that even stoned-out surfer boys have an inner-life and can occasionally approach profundity. Does it deserve the insane hyperbole of the liner notes? Hell, no! I even think the unreleased material on the second disc is better than the original album. However, it's a neat little gem that's been rescued from obscurity. Worth listening to, even if you don't intend to keep it!

Edited by Alexander

take Ornette - please -

just kidding, this is a great CD, and I hope Felser sells it to Nessa -

funny, Chauncey, that you should mention that "Tommy Potter said to his wife..." as I spent a very pleasant afternoon with Tommy and his wife, circa 1980, as they lived in an amazingly huge Brownstone in Bed Stuy in what was than a take-your-life-into-your-hands neighborhood - Tommy's gone, but I hope his wife or family held onto that place, which I believe he owned; probably worth a pretty penny now -

Edited by AllenLowe