CDs to Trade!!!!!!

Heya,

I've got some duplicates/cds I want to trade.

Here's my list-

cds to trade

- Bag's Groove (Miles Davis and the Modern Jazz giants) Original Issue, Some small marks on the jewel case cover, actual cd is guaranteed to work perfectly.

- Dialogue (B.Hutcherson) RVG edition, everything is near mint condition except for the jewel case cover, which has some marks.

- Go (D. Gordon) Original issue, Near mint condition, opened once

- Out to Lunch (E. Dolphy) RVG edition, opened once, near mint condition

- Una Mas (Kenny Dorham) RVG edition, near mint condition, opened once

- Ready for Freddie (F.Hubbard) RVG edition, near mint condition, small smudges on jewel case cover, actual cd is perfect

- Porgy and Bess (M.Davis) original issue, used, Cd works perfectly, Tiny crack in the upper-right corner of the jewel case, again, works perfectly

- Inner Urge (J.Henderson) Original issue, used, Cd works perfectly, jewel case has some small marks on it

- Soul Station (H.Mobley) RVG edition, opened once, CD works perfectly, near mint condition

- Hub-tones (F.Hubbard) RVG edition, opened once, Near mint condition

- Empyrean Isles (H.Hancock) RVG edition, opened once, near mint condition

- Milestones (M.Davis) Original issue, opened once, Cd works perfectly

- '58 Sessions (M.Davis) Jewel case not perfect with small mark, CD works perfectly

- Moanin' (A.Blakey) Original issue, jewel case has small crack on cover, CD guaranteed to work perfectly

- A Blowing session (J.Griffin) Original issue, Opened once, jewel case cover not perfect condition

- Extended Play Live at Birdland (Dave Holland Quintet) Near mint condition

- Unity (L.Young) Near mint condition

Cds I want

- Ugetsu (Art Blakey)

- Art Pepper meets the rhythm section

- Lee Konitz with Wayne Marsh

- Destination Out! (Jackie McLean)

- Kenny Barron live at Bradley's

- Work Song (Nat Adderley)

- Someday my prince will come (W.Kelly)

- This here is Bobby Timmons (B. Timmons)

- Grant Green The Complete Quartets with Sonny Clark

- Phil Woods & His European Rhythm Machine – At the Frankfurt Jazz Festival

- Coolin' (Teddy Charles)

Edited by Live @ San Francisco

OK, two things need to be said, so I guess I'll give it a shot:

1) Those are a whole lot of really good recordings, with far too many "opened once" comments. Either you need to go back and listen again, or you've got a ton of box sets or LPs.

2) Generally speaking, an initial post on this board looking to sell or trade is discouraged. How do you feel about these records (or others)? Feel free to join in the many interesting discussions on this board -- both active and older topics.

Now that all of the preliminaries are out of the way... welcome! :)

I'm with Uncle Skid.

You seem to have pretty good musical tastes (perhaps I should say 'consistent with those of many on this forum), so do join in. Make some friends. Contribute to the discussion. You'll probably find it a lot easier to buy/sell/trade once you're known.

So welcome.

- Dialogue (B.Hutcherson) RVG edition, everything is near mint condition except for the jewel case cover, which has some marks.

It's important to note if you got the corrected CD or the uncorrected one. I highly doubt Blue Note is offering a replacement any more if it's the defective one so it's good if you have the corrected CD.

If you have the defective CD, RVG and Cuscuna missed some tape warble on the bonus track. It's very noticeable.

Not to mention that this list is made up of fairly common titles that most board members likely own...

What do you do when your computer crashes for good, go rebuy them again?

Hello? I made backups on an external hard drive, hello??

Is everyone here technologically impaired?

Hello? Can you say your momma didn't teach you any manners? I am ashamed that you have my city in your username.

Not to mention that this list is made up of fairly common titles that most board members likely own...

What do you do when your computer crashes for good, go rebuy them again?

Hello? I made backups on an external hard drive, hello??

Is everyone here technologically impaired?

Hello? Can you say your momma didn't teach you any manners? I am ashamed that you have my city in your username.

Sorry, "Veteran". Maybe the AAJ people who I'm used to are slightly more tech savvy. And don't you have anything better to do than going on a jazz forum and attempting to talk smack?

So Live @ San Francisco has a backup hard drive, that still is little solace in case of fire, burglary, earthquake, etc., unless that backup is in another location.

I'm not exactly a Luddite, but I believe physical copies of commercially issued CDs have more merit than digital copies on a hard drive or two. Then again, with the insane prices of San Francisco real estate, physical storage of a large collection may be a problem for him.

So Live @ San Francisco has a backup hard drive, that still is little solace in case of fire, burglary, earthquake, etc., unless that backup is in another location.

I'm not exactly a Luddite, but I believe physical copies of commercially issued CDs have more merit than digital copies on a hard drive or two. Then again, with the insane prices of San Francisco real estate, physical storage of a large collection may be a problem for him.

While having cds are nice, I dont own the cds for everything that I own. Who does?

There is about 20 billion things I can do if I have my music backed up on a hard drive. Meaning, I've trasnferred to about 3 other computers, will never lose it, and even if the hard drive crashes, I have more copies. While CDs, as much as I enjoy having a physical copy, take up space.

I don't know how to put this without sounding confrontative, but surely you know that selling or trading these CDs away while keeping backup copies in one form or another is illegal - in this case probably a drop in the ocean, but anyway - and also considered unethical by many. Thus, announcing this practice in your trading post here is a good way of upsetting great many serious collectors (some of them part- or full time musicians themselves) who otherwise might be interested in a trade.

Just FYI.

Edited by Daniel A