William Claxton has passed

bakeostrin

Is that book still available? Gotta get me that book!

'Jazz seen' seems to be out of print in the US - the German paperback edition is available used at amazon.de, but oop as well - Taschen placed a nice obituary on their website; only Jazz Life is still available from them.

"Jazz seen" is no longer available, i think it's out of print. Check the second hand book shops. But "jazz life" (including the 1500 $ edition !) is available on Amazon.com

Sorry to hear the news about Bill Claxton - Channel 4 news tonight over here had a nice little tribute to him, wish I could have recorded it.

Just dug out my copy of 'Jazz Seen' - bought direct from Bill and signed by him in 1999. He was a very nice guy as I recall, a delight to meet, very un-pretentious. RIP. :(

"Jazz seen" is no longer available, i think it's out of print. Check the second hand book shops. But "jazz life" (including the 1500 $ edition !) is available on Amazon.com

It's recently been reissued by Taschen in a very slightly smaller (still pretty big) and much cheaper edition: The Jazz Life

It's recently been reissued by Taschen in a very slightly smaller (still pretty big) and much cheaper edition: The Jazz Life

Thanks Brownie. The price seems to be right on that one - I think I'll go for it.