2008-2009 Hot Stove Thread

tkeith

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately, the Tribe plays in the Central. They have a chance to make some noise, but my expectations are modest. I am looking forward to the season, but probably won’t be hanging on every pitch in April and early May.

Right now I couldn't pick a winner for the central, I don't see either the Twins or Wt. Sox running away with it. K.C seems to be a trendy dark horse pick but where is the pitching? I need to read up on all the teams a little more as I haven't been following them that much this off season.

As for the AL West I think Big Al and his Rangers might surprise but I like the Halo's to take it and my A's to come in 3rd.

Edited by WorldB3

Tom Hicks, the owner of the Texas Rangers and the Dallas Stars (and as I recall a favorite of Big Al's :excited: ) has defaulted on a $525 million loan secured in part by the two teams.

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...al_gam_mostview

In other Rangers news: Andruw Jones makes the final spot on the Rangers. What a free-fall this guy has had.