Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Tony Parker's on fire in the Spurs/Mavs game tonight - 19 points in the 1st quarter. They need a win to even this series up, or the Spurs are in trouble - they may be in trouble anyway though.

I'm not sure about that after last night. A 21-point loss! Dirk & Jet are non-entities AGAIN.

Oh well, doesn't really matter: whoever escapes from this series will be eliminated in the 2nd round. This series is more for bragging rights than anything else, and right now Dallas doesn't have much to brag about.

Thought the Bulls were gonna pull out another one there in Boston, but its 1-1 now.

True, but their confidence is pretty high. If this was the best a fired-up team could throw at them, and they lost by 3 ... Also, the Bulls play well at home (not that I am going to guarantee a victory by any means). However, Rondo's ankle injury may well be serious, and without KG and Rondo, I don't think the Celtics can advance.

I hope Ericka is a man of his word and puts Tony Paker on his back

Huge Fine if does

When Parker gets going the man is tough

Mutombo is out with an injury and is hanging it up after 18 years

Should have a phat pension

Deron Williams is a bad man

I like when people try and get physical with LBJ and then they wind up on the floor

I'm glad Mike Brown got some glasses that fit his big dome

Edited by Soulstation1

Watching clips from the Dallas / San Antonio game. Why was the stadium half empty? Isn't it the play-offs? WTF, Dallas?

The Spurs starters got pulled mid way through the 3rd quarter for lack of effort. Pop pretty much wrote the game off. I didn't see the game, but I'd guess the fans left after that (?), since it wasn't even a contest.

Hope the Spurs come back with some energy for Game 4, or this thing's gonna be over.

Watching clips from the Dallas / San Antonio game. Why was the stadium half empty? Isn't it the play-offs? WTF, Dallas?

It's two things:

1) This is Dallas/Fort Worth. The only time there is ever a sellout down here is if:

a) The Cowboys are in the playoffs (not likely anytime soon)

b) The Rangers are playing either the Red Sox or the Yankees. Hell, even when the Rangers were in the playoffs back in the 90's, THOSE games weren't sellouts!

2) Bitter memories of playoffs past for Mavs fans. Our collective feeling is, "What's the point? I'm not getting my hopes up again this year."

However, after game 2, I would never have foreseen the annihilation of the Spurs that came in game 3. The most points scored by the Spurs in any one quarter was 20, and they only hit that once! They only scored 12 in the 4th quarter! I hope this game sets the tone for the rest of the series.

I wonder what kind of reaction Pop got in the SA press for pulling his starters in the 3rd like that?

Edited by Big Al

I loved watching Pierce get his shot blocked to end the game. I bet the Celtics win the next two. The Bulls are inexperienced and rattle easily.

The Pistons will have money to pursue a big-name free agent. The team will change drastically.

I loved watching Pierce get his shot blocked to end the game. I bet the Celtics win the next two. The Bulls are inexperienced and rattle easily.

The Pistons will have money to pursue a big-name free agent. The team will change drastically.

Anyone know who will be a free agent for next season?

Just checked: Carlos Boozer, Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, Ben Gordon, Kobe, Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza, Mike Bibby are some of the big names who are unrestricted free agents after this season. Can't see Kobe going anywhere. It'll be interesting to see what the Pistons do once AI has been cut loose officially.

Eddy Curry would make a nice bookend with Kwame. And there's always Starbury. :D

edit - realize Ariza isn't a big name, but he's young and probably has more of a future than some of the bigger names. Good reason for the Lakes to try and hold on to him.

Edited by paul secor

Don't know about the Bulls. The fact that they didn't fold in game 4 shows they have a fair bit of heart. Real question is how much time off before game 5. Magic Johnson was saying that the Celtics starters might be so exhausted from the Double OT game that the youngsters may steal it away. His overall prediction was the Celtics, but if the Bulls do somehow beat the Celtics at home in game 5, they will take the series. Sounds about right to me. While the Bulls have been very inconsistent this year, this is already better than anyone expected, so there's a sense of being on the right track (after many wrong starts), unlike Detroit which is clearly on the decline. Agree they definitely need to shake the team up.

The bank shot is closed for the season

Giggitty Giggitty Goo

Dwight Howard's wallet will be short about $10K after throwing that elbow last night

Bulls could have this series won

The loss was super-frustrating (and sorry Rondo totally deserved a flagrant at the end of the game there), but you could say the same thing about the Celtics wrapping up the series. Except for game 3, these all have been nail biters. Pretty great basketball series, even though I think the Celtics will prevail. Sadly, poor coaching probably did cause the losses in games 2 and 5. Vinny is getting better, but he still has so much to learn.

The bank shot is closed for the season

Giggitty Giggitty Goo

Dwight Howard's wallet will be short about $10K after throwing that elbow last night

Bulls could have this series won

The loss was super-frustrating (and sorry Rondo totally deserved a flagrant at the end of the game there), but you could say the same thing about the Celtics wrapping up the series. Except for game 3, these all have been nail biters. Pretty great basketball series, even though I think the Celtics will prevail. Sadly, poor coaching probably did cause the losses in games 2 and 5. Vinny is getting better, but he still has so much to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TzGrzs7-AI