Ayler Records

Hardbopjazz

Yes, thanks. I thought that the Jimmy Lyons box set was out of print. That's been one I've been thinking about for years. Haven't placed an order yet, but I may to jump on this one.

Same here. I thought it was OOP but it may have been reprinted in 2011(?) If I jump on this I may add the Fred Anderson. Unsure of the second choice. While I'm deciding maybe the dollar will move up. :-) Need to avoid too much spending.

The Anders Gahnold 2CD set is drop-dead gorgeous! Wonderfully melodic, lyrical playing that has that edge to make it special. Seems Gahnold approached Dyani asking if he wanted to play in his band ... Dyani said: who's in it? ... uhm, just you so far ... something like that - so it ended up a trio with Dyani and his compatriot, drummer Gilbert Mathews. I really love that one a lot!

Info and samples here:

http://www.ayler.com/anders-gahnold-flowers-for-johnny.html

Also love the raggedy ragged "Free Jam" by Mongezi Feza with Bernt Rosengren's band:

http://www.ayler.com/mongezi-feza-free-jam.html

Guess I'll go for a total of ten or so ... including the Gayle, several by Dennis González, the one by Alexandra Grimal and a few more.

Oh, and good to see some interest!

The Sunny Murray-Mark O'Leary album is great.

Don't see that in the list!

ordered a whole bunch myself ... always a pleasure dealing with Stéphane!

Alexandra Grimal - Andromeda - aylCD-127 - €14.50
Dennis González Yells At Eels + Alvin Fielder - Resurrection and Life - aylCD-125 - €14.50
Stone Quartet - Live at Vision Festival - aylCD-124 - €14.50
Dennis González Yells At Eels featuring Louis Moholo-Moholo - Cape of Storms - aylCD-117 - €14.50
Dennis González Yells At Eels with Rodrigo Amado - The Great Bydgoszcz Concert - aylCD-095 - €14.50
Gyldene Trion - Live at Glenn Miller Café - aylCD-079 - €12
Jemeel Moondoc Trio - Live at Glenn Miller Café - aylCD-026 - €12
Charles Gayle Trio - Live at Glenn Miller Café - aylCD-015 - €12
Exuberance - Live at Vision Festival - aylCD-009 - €12
Michael Marcus Trio - Ithem - aylCD-006 - €12

I contacted Ayler and got a quick response that I could still take advantage of the sale. For the first time in quite a while I allowed myself to get caught up by the impulse and placed a somewhat larger order. There were a couple of items I had heard and had been thinking about picking up for a few years, and a few other things that just looked interesting.

The CDs I paid for:

Exuberance - Live at Vision Festival
Item# aylCD-009

Fred Anderson & Harrison Bankhead - The Great Vision Concert
Item# aylCD-052

Dennis Gonzalez - Cape of Storms
Item# aylCD-117

Dennis Gonzalez - Resurrection and Life
Item# aylCD-125

Dennis Gonzalez - Colorado at Clinton
Item# aylCD-133

Luis Lopes' Humanization 4tet - Electricity
Item# aylCD-113

Exploding Customer - Live at Tampere Jazz Happening
Item# aylCD-031

And the free items:
Per Henrik Wallin Trio - The Stockholm Tapes
Dennis Gonzalez - The Great Bydgoszcz Concert
Stone Quartet - Live at Vision Festival
Firehouse - Live at Glenn Miller Café
Exploding Customer - At Your Service
Jemeel Moondoc Trio - Live at Glenn Miller Café

Great, glad you could still take advantage of the sale :tup

Yes. But I am going to be mad at you for a while for enabling my excessive spending.

In all seriousness I sent Ayler an email and received a very friendly response from Stephane. So count me as another endorser of the Ayler customer service!

Stéphane is great to deal with, indeed!

I just got home and hey-ho, ordered very late Friday night, discussed in detail on Saturday, shipped on Monday, here was my package!

Just put the Gyldene Trion disc in the player - funny coincidence that the Kullhammar-thread was recently up again, too - since the days it was started I wanted to check out that guy's music some more, and now I'm listening to him tearing up "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes" (how's that for a tune that's not been played to death?!)

I grabbed 10 discs from this sale. Thanks for the reminder, fellas! This isn't the first 2-for-1 sale they've held. I'm very grateful for the chance to get so much great music. Does Silkheart ever go on sale too?

I've been wondering if the Silkheart mailorder is still active.

Of course, I couldn't afford it either way, but I'm still curious.