Universal on eBay??

J.A.W.

Sony had (or still has) a SACD store on Ebay. Universal is offering a lot of box sets.

Maybe the majors are using Ebay to get rid of items which are harder to sell. Some prices (starting bid) are lower than in other online stores (the Bill Evans Verve box is $214, $250 at CD Universe).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am waiting to receive the following discs from them:

COUNT BASIE, At Newport 1957 CD NEW

JOHN COLTRANE, Sun Ship CD NEW

JOHN COLTRANE, Live At Birdland CD NEW

JOHN COLTRANE, Stellar Regions CD NEW

JOHN COLTRANE, Interstellar Space CD NEW

JOHN COLTRANE, Olatunji Concert Live CD NEW

The Basie was $7.88 and the Tranes were $11.82. I bought six to get the free shipping. I think those are the wholesale prices! :tup

I may bid on Live in Japan in the near future...

On the one hand, these are good prices when you compare them to list prices, but they still aren't that spectacular if you consider that most Blue Note and OJC albums are in this midprice range all of the time. I wonder if Universal has some kind of deal with EBay so they don't have to pay crazy listing fees--as far as I can tell, 95% of their jazz auctions close without anyone bidding!

On the one hand, these are good prices when you compare them to list prices, but they still aren't that spectacular if you consider that most Blue Note and OJC albums are in this midprice range all of the time.

True, but as it stands these are decent prices for excellent material. Now, if they were clearing house to make way for things at midprice, I would be one pissed kitty. :g