Eartha Kitt has died....

BERIGAN

I mostly remember her as Catwoman, she once about 20 years ago was scheduled to do a double bill with a well known local rocker called Marjo, she ended up fighting with our local singer, don't remember exactly why, don't know if they everdid the gig finally.

Here's a nice clip from her singing a french classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5WVkl_f7_E

I'll never forget the first time I saw her as Catwoman. Julie Newmar was hot, no doubt, but in a very vampy campy way. You figured she had a heart beneath that leather and fantastic body.

Eartha Kitt, on the other hand, looked so seductively EVIL that you KNEW all manner of bad things would happen if you joined her side... and yet, it would be soooooo worth it! That purr and that figure..... YOWZA indeed!!!

That and her hilarious voice-over as Yzma for The Emperor's New Groove. Sounded like she was having a blast doing that.

Based on what I've seen and read, she looks to have lived life to the fullest. RIP Catwoman.

Edited by Big Al

she was one of those people who was not a "great" singer per se, but a great performer - personality as perfomance, you might say, such a powerful and individual persona as to break down musical categories - ie. pop/jazz. And, yes, it did take guts to go public in that way -

Edited by AllenLowe