Wouldn't it be nice...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another vote for Duluth. Any time of the year is fine, as I have been hardened by many years of upper-midwest winters.

We could stop at the Electric Fetus's northern store. And, a beer at Grandma's.

The wife and I head up there each year in the fall around our anniversary. It is not to far from Minneapolis and it is beautiful Up North.

Here is another vote for Duluth.  Any time of the year is fine, as I have been hardened by many years of upper-midwest winters.

We could stop at the Electric Fetus's northern store.  And, a beer at Grandma's.

The wife and I head up there each year in the fall around our anniversary.  It is not to far from Minneapolis and it is beautiful Up North.

Anytime of year in Duluth was exactly what I was thinking, Clinton. After all, we're not planting crops, we're getting together, indoors for a "hang".

I would be a little hesitant to head out there in the dead of winter, because of the difficulty for some driving and the uncertain air travel conditions for some of us.

I'm thinking between end of June and late fall, '04. Even though the event would span only one or two days, we still have to plan.

Love the sound of the Electric Fetus. :D Also, Grandma's sounds like a place that would welcome a gaggle of jazz aficianados.

Lansing, being the home of Organissimo, is not out of the question either. Just give us time to clear our calenders. :blink:

Edited by patricia

Before we decide on Lansing, maybe you should check out this link...

http://www.lansingsucks.com/

;)

Wow. As a Lansing native, I clicked around that site for a bit. Seems to be a bunch of old rock and rollers over there.

Anyway, I did find something mildly amusing. Even with a tiny membership base, I found a topic discussing whether or not they should've banned a certain member.

It's everywhere, folks.

:g

And there was a link to this:

Master, I beg you to tell me

What can I do to please you?

Shall I offer you my body?

It is young and for your pleasure

Would you like me to comfort you?

To love you without question

My soul is yours if you want it

Please take it, Dear Master

I live only to tend to your wishes

Only to serve your fancies

~Untitled Haiku~

Was it my tear that

stroked my breast to fall softly

to my naked thigh

~Novelty~

I am a novelty.

That little thing

you want so bad

until you finally

get it and then

it's not quite as fun

to have it

as it is to want it.

But as with all novelties

you can keep me

for those moments

I might strike your fancy

or you can give me

to another

or throw me away.

For I am a novelty

and I wish only to

bring you pleasure

in any way I can.

And check out the pic of the author!

post-8-94460-Unleashed2.JPG

Wow is right, Jim. Did you see the Lansing Sucks t-shirt, in the "AC/DC font"? ^_^

Best compliment anyone ever gave our band after a perfomance (from an older black lady): "Y'all are from Lansing?? You don't sound like you're from Lansing!"

I wanted to kiss her feet!

:g

How about an alternative destination for a get-together next June?

From Euclid Records' e-mail:

JAZZ COLLECTORS TAKE NOTE- The International Association of Jazz Record

Collectors annual convention will be held here in our hometown of St.

Louis, MO, June 16-19. The last two days will be open to the public and will

feature a Jazz and Blues only record and CD convention. We already have

obligations from some of the best record dealers in the U.S. the convention

will also feature live music, Jazz films as well as guest speakers. We'll be

supplying more information as it develops but this will be an event NOT to

miss! For more information about the IAJRC as well as membership info, check

the website at http://www.geocities.com/iajrc/

Think of it! It would be the greatest CD/Vinyl Safari of all time, and we could all hang out together and shoot the breeze during what is sure to be a very cool jazz gathering! And St Louis is a pretty fine town, with some great eats, too.

If we get enough of a turnout, we could take over O'Connells and chow down on the greatest burgers on the face of the planet!

Seriously, I mentioned this event to my wife (we've thought of vacationing in St. Louis) so this is definitely on my radar screen.

How about the rest of the Organissimo-ers?

How about St. Louis in June, instead?

How about an alternative destination for a get-together next June?

From Euclid Records' e-mail:

JAZZ COLLECTORS TAKE NOTE- The International Association of Jazz Record

Collectors annual convention will be held here in our hometown of St.

Louis, MO, June 16-19. The last two days will be open to the public and will

feature a Jazz and Blues only record and CD convention. We already have

obligations from some of the best record dealers in the U.S. the convention

will also feature live music, Jazz films as well as guest speakers. We'll be

supplying more information as it develops but this will be an event NOT to

miss! For more information about the IAJRC as well as membership info, check

the website at http://www.geocities.com/iajrc/

Think of it! It would be the greatest CD/Vinyl Safari of all time, and we could all hang out together and shoot the breeze during what is sure to be a very cool jazz gathering! And St Louis is a pretty fine town, with some great eats, too.

If we get enough of a turnout, we could take over O'Connells and chow down on the greatest burgers on the face of the planet!

Seriously, I mentioned this event to my wife (we've thought of vacationing in St. Louis) so this is definitely on my radar screen.

How about the rest of the Organissimo-ers?

I go along with Dan on this. Sounds like a heap of fun.

Anywhere in the Midwest in fine with me!

It would be nice to put a face to the "handles" on the site.:blink:

You mean you just grab people by the handles without looking at their faces?? :blink:

I'm sorry, Patty. Bad joke.

Check out the thread in Misc. non political for pictures of people. Put one of your on there too. Make sure you're wearing that Kriegskorset or whatever it's called. ;)

It would be nice to put a face to the "handles" on the site.:blink:

You mean you just grab people by the handles without looking at their faces?? :blink:

I'm sorry, Patty. Bad joke.

Check out the thread in Misc. non political for pictures of people. Put one of your on there too. Make sure you're wearing that Kriegskorset or whatever it's called. ;)

:blink::blink:

I do indeed grab people by their handles, so watch out!!!!

I'll check out the gallery. Thanks.

What's in Lansing, besides being the home of Organissimo, that would make it a good place for a gallion of Organissimo posters to meet??

Me, wearing just my Norwegian award for bravery in combat has not been immortalized on film, and probably won't be. There are almost no pictures of this humble scribe, since I'm usually the person behind the camera. But, I'm not as tall as I appear to be when I post. ;)

Edited by patricia

I'm sorry but I cannot for the life of me understand Lansing or Duluth!

C'mon, folks, International Jazz Record Collectors convention in a great city, St. Louis, mid-June, 2004. Including a two day CD and Record show with only jazz and blues! Euclid Records! Blueberry Hill bar in U. City! Petrofsky's for bagels! O'Connells for the best burgers on the planet! The Gateway Arch! The Cards! And I would say that getting to St. Louis, at least from within the States, is pretty darn easy.

What is there to see or do in Duluth or Lansing?????

OK, OK. St Louis. I was thinking July, onto September or October at the latest. They get snow in St Louis, don't they?? I get plenty of that here.

I'm not married to Duluth, or to Lansing. It was just a starting point. Wherever it is, I'm going to have to renew my passport, now expired, and that takes months, instead of weeks, because of the "war on terror". I'm up for whatever somebody can arrange.

Is there anybody in, or near St Louis who can put something together??

Edited by patricia

I'd say right now St. Louis first,Lansing second and Duluth third. It would be a gas if this could happen. It would work best for me if it could before Labor Day. I cover high school sports for the radio station that I work for and once Labor Day commences I'm pretty much joined at the hip with it until mid May.