Researching composer credits

mikeweil

Sorry, no.

I am looking for the composers of two tunes on a 1952 session of Vido Musso for Galaxy/Fantasy. I now have both issues, neither credits composers.

The third track is "Come back to Sorrento" which was Ernesto de Curtis's adaption of a traditional Italian tune and had been a Musso feature with the Stan Kenton band.

No idea who wrote "Cuttin' The Nut" and "Grunnions A-Runnin'" ....

Edited by mikeweil

There is also www.loc.gov fro copyright deposits. Neither tune shows up online. This either means:

1) The tune was not registered

2) There is no 'activity' (registration or renewal) since 1978, so the info can only be found in the physical card catalogs on site at LC.

Bertrand.

I would be extremely careful about using AMG for composer credits, as it depends on what was listed on the CD or LP. As we all know, that information is often wrong or incomplete.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but one Steeplechase CD last year listed Thelonious Monk as composer for John Coltrane's "Locomotion," while the liner note writer made the same mistake.

Yes, that's one of the three tracks - it was Musso's feature in the Kenton band and for that reason was rather easy to identify. But the other two tunes are rather simple JATP-type heads and could have been written bay anyone in the band.

Musso didn't record these tunes on his other sessions.

Edited by mikeweil