some RVGs not seen in stores

wesbed

I did a scan of the RVG titles at the Blue Note site. I was checking to see which RVGs I don't have. I counted four titles I don't have. I haven't purchased Blue Train or Birth of the Cool because I already have earlier copies of each.

Yes, I know I can order RVG titles from the internet, yet, I haven't purchased Jazz Immortal or Groovin' At Small's because I've never seen the titles in stores.

B00005MIZ7.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpgB00000K4GL.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Where are they? Which other RVG titles are not seen in the stores?

As long as the item is in print, it should be available through any store, anywhere.

In the U.S. perhaps, but not here. Upon my question the owner of a record shop said (which may be true or false) that a few titles did not have distribution in Sweden, apparently by decision by the Swedish subsidiary of EMI.

Edited by Daniel A

I've never seen that Smith anywhere either. An e-friend of mine got it and recommended it, but I've never heard it in any form. I do remember that it was in the very first batch of domestic RVGs. The prices were higher at first (too high!), and that may had led to it's being ignored by some. I passed over it because I have so many other Smith albums.

I've never seen that Smith anywhere either. An e-friend of mine got it and recommended it, but I've never heard it in any form. I do remember that it was in the very first batch of domestic RVGs. The prices were higher at first (too high!), and that may had led to it's being ignored by some. I passed over it because I have so many other Smith albums.

I passed over it because I have so many other Smith albums

This is probably one of the few Jimmy Smith NOT to be missed. :)

I made a weekend trip to Columbus, Ohio this past weekend (from Tucson, Arizona). I did some looking at jazz CDs in the chain stores (Borders, B&N) and in a local store my friend recommended (I forgot the name). All the stores had several RVGs in stock but non had Jazz Immortal or Groovin' at Small's.

As I wrote earlier in this thread, I know I can purchase these RVGs from the internet whenever I choose. It's interesting, though, that I've never seen certain RVGs in stores.

Edited by wesbed