BLINDFOLD TEST #4 - SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS

JSngry

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, we've got a thing going where interested members of the board participate in a Blindfold Test. One person compiles a CD of cuts of their choice, and sends them out without any annotation. The recipients then post their impressions/guesses of the music, and the answers are eventually revealed for further discussion.

No Leonard Feather-type gimmickry going on either. Just people sharing music that they think deserves a braoder and/or "unpredjudiced" hearing. I suppose the guessing phase is a bit gimmicky, but it's true to the (alledgedly) true premise of Feather's invention - to get a response uncolored by preconceptions of what somebody "should" sound like. We've had pretty good discussions on all three so far, and mine is the fourth. Hence this thread.

If you'd liek to participate, follow the instructions at the beginning of the thread. But I know there are many who don't like the general idea, so whatever works for you. Threre's a cut or two on mine that I know you'd have some illuminating commentary on. If not the actual cuts, then definitely the artists. So if you'd rather jsut wait until the anwswer thread comes up and jump in there, feel free.

Hope this clarifies everything.

Mine came in today's mail, and I'm through 11 tracks of listening. It will take a few times through for me to arrive at some opinions. I'll join the discussion thread soon...

...Track 12 is throwing me for a loop, this is some out there stuff.

I really dig how this is bouncing around and touching lots of very different material. B)

Haven't had a chance to do more than a cursory listen to disc 1, but I will note that I received the discs on Thursday and sent off my batch on Friday.

RDK,

I think I was in your batch.

THANKS!!! :rsmile:

I'm going to go and listen to disc 1 again right now. :D

I was in your batch as well, RDK. Thanks!