organissimo on the East Coast this summer

They do and they are very set in their ways. Last time we talked to them (I think Ron called on our behalf) they wanted nothing to do with the idea at all.

I did, indeed, and was told that they won't book any group that's not already well known in NYC.

They do and they are very set in their ways. Last time we talked to them (I think Ron called on our behalf) they wanted nothing to do with the idea at all.

Did you consider the Hotel Kitano? It's a very intimate club in a nice Japanese owned hotel; very good sound; and they seem to care about music there. I saw Mike Clark there last October, and he had an organist in the band. The fellow who seems to be in charge of the club is there in the evenings when they have music (Wednesday to Saturday) (sorry but I don't know his name).

I don't think she likes organ groups. I could be wrong. I bet you they are already booked up for June as well.

Well if you could come back aother time besides June maybe something can be worked out at the Vanguard. I plan on seeing Barry Harris there in May. If I see Lorraine I will speak to her and see how she goes about booking bands. As far as Organ groups, Lou Donaldson plays there all the time with his organ group. I caught Dr. Lonie Smith there too.

Did you consider the Hotel Kitano? It's a very intimate club in a nice Japanese owned hotel; very good sound; and they seem to care about music there. I saw Mike Clark there last October, and he had an organist in the band. The fellow who seems to be in charge of the club is there in the evenings when they have music (Wednesday to Saturday) (sorry but I don't know his name).

Gino Moratti