organissimo on the East Coast this summer

We're heading out east this summer, starting with the 2009 Rochester International Jazz Festival on June 12th. So far we've got Chris' Jazz Cafe on the 16th, a cool place called For The Music Only in New Hope, PA on the 17th, and the JazzWeek Convention back up in Rochester, NY on the 18th.

I'm getting shot down in my attempts to find anything in NYC. If anyone on the East Coast has any ideas or connections, we'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Ever think of Cecil Brooks III's club in East Orange, New Jersey? It's an organ room, maybe you could get something there if NYC isn't happening for money. Just a thought. I've been there when Scone played there and Cecil was real cool. Also might try the Acton Jazz Cafe in Mass. if you're over that way...think Tony Monaco played there and I know Ken Clark plays there a lot...an organ spot that might pay something.

Ever think of Cecil Brooks III's club in East Orange, New Jersey? It's an organ room, maybe you could get something there if NYC isn't happening for money. Just a thought. I've been there when Scone played there and Cecil was real cool. Also might try the Acton Jazz Cafe in Mass. if you're over that way...think Tony Monaco played there and I know Ken Clark plays there a lot...an organ spot that might pay something.

Looks like they are booked up in June.

Should I be making suggestions for places I've never been to?

No, you're the guy who helps us load in. ;)

I can still do that.

I'm planning on check a friend out at a NJ place next week, if it looks OK, I'll get contact info for u guyz.

Jim, try this email address for the 55 Bar:

55@55bar.com

That's the one I used.

I'm sending you a PM with contact information.

Thank you! I tried the email again last night and it came back undeliverable again. At the very least, I can tell them their email isn't working when I talk to them on the phone! :)

Jim, try this email address for the 55 Bar:

55@55bar.com

That's the one I used.

I'm sending you a PM with contact information.

Thank you! I tried the email again last night and it came back undeliverable again. At the very least, I can tell them their email isn't working when I talk to them on the phone! :)

So I should hold off for now? :huh: