Famous Indian composer collaborates with Jazz masters

shriyan5678

Hi Everybody..

I just heard the preview of a record by a very famous composer from India..The record is a Pure Bliss.His name is Sandeep Chowta..His upcoming record Matters of the heart has one of the greatest Line ups put together in combinations you cannot imagine.

What you get is new sound that would be a genre of music by itself.This record is sonically amazing.

THE LINE UP ON THIS RECORD IS CRAZY..Never before have I heard of so many JAZZ Artists on one record.

Dave Grusin ,Lee Ritenour,Tom Schuman ,Ricardo Silveira,Patrice Rushen,

Frank Gambale,Dave Valentin,Virgil Donati,Bunny Brunel,Russel Ferrante,

William Kennedy,Melvin Davis,Jimmy Haslip.Mitch Forman,Dave Weckl,

Eric Marienthal,Jimmy Johnson,Ric Fierbracci,Brian Bromberg,Brett Garsed,

Walt Fowler,Jeff Richman,Phil Turcio,Craig Anderson,Gerry Pantazis,

Pt Vishwamohan Bhatt,Jay Beckenstein,Chuck Loeb,Scott Henderson,Gary Novak,

Anthony Jackson,Dori Caymmi..Kirk Covington,Steve Tavaglione,Gary Willis

Scott Kinsey, Otmaro Ruiz,Miriam Stockley,Scott Ambush,Jurim Moreira

Jorge Helder

Ah well...Bollywood ain't my thing. I do like the classical musik though....

:rfr

Bollywood is amongst the wackiest stuff I've ever heard through these "Western" ears. The thought of somebody being able to even think music like that takes up when/if the musical interest wanes. Not too many musics have that effect on me, at least not to the extent that this stuff does.

No doubt it's wacky, I used to hear some pretty crazy stuff in NYC Indian restaurants. I just never got into pursuing it. There's certainly a lot of it around here, there's plenty transplanted Indians living around this area.

I've never seen so many GRP refugees in one place! :winky:

My thought as well. ^_^

Facts only known by folks spending time with GRP recordings. :unsure:

I've never heard more than probably half a dozen GRP dates at most, and that was back during my college years circa 1990) when I didn't know that much about jazz -- and even then, I knew enough to mostly avoid GRP at all costs.

That said, one doesn't thumb through thousands of CD's and rekkids over the last 20 years -- and not pick up on who's on what labels.

Let the record show that I'm no recovering GRP fan, and take umbrage at any suggestions to the contrary. :rmad: ( :rlol )

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Hello everybody,

I don't think TRIBAL TECH & Mich Forman were ever part of the GRP refugee camp..

well let me brief you a little about this Sandeep Chowta.

Sandeep Chowta is an acclaimed composer for movies in india & has been collaborating with a lot of JAZZ artist for 5yrs now, most of it would release this year. the recent release he had was collaboration as song writer & co producer on Bunny Brunnel's band called Cab, which features Bunny Brunel (Bass); Tony MacApline (Guitar); Virgil Donati (Drums), Patrice Rushen (Keyboards); Brian Auger (Keyboards); Guest -Chick Corea (Keyboards).

Sandeep wrote couple of songs on this Record .The name of the record is "THEATRE DE MARIONNETTES"

For more info on Sandeep Chowta visit WWW.sandeepchowta.com

THEATRE DE MARIONNETTES'

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product...productid=24033

Hello everybody,

I don't think TRIBAL TECH & Mich Forman were ever part of the GRP refugee camp..

well let me brief you a little about this Sandeep Chowta.

Sandeep Chowta is an acclaimed composer for movies in india & has been collaborating with a lot of JAZZ artist for 5yrs now, most of it would release this year. the recent release he had was collaboration as song writer & co producer on Bunny Brunnel's band called Cab, which features Bunny Brunel (Bass); Tony MacApline (Guitar); Virgil Donati (Drums), Patrice Rushen (Keyboards); Brian Auger (Keyboards); Guest -Chick Corea (Keyboards).

Sandeep wrote couple of songs on this Record .The name of the record is "THEATRE DE MARIONNETTES"

For more info on Sandeep Chowta visit WWW.sandeepchowta.com

THEATRE DE MARIONNETTES'

http://www.abstractlogix.com/xcart/product...productid=24033

Oh, that Sandeep Chowta.

Thanks, and goodnight. tired-sleeping-smiley-17403.gif